Management of rights

Posted by Community Admin on 04-Aug-2018 16:24

Management of rights

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 01-Jul-2011 00:00

Hi,

I create differents roles for management backend site for my customer.
One of them is an administrator of resources, users will work only on Libraries.

I give to the role : View Image, Modify Album and Manage Images, View Album, Create Album and the same for videos and documents.

Users who get this role can access Design Part => Page Templates and enter into the template. They also can access Pages section.

And for complete, on the section for which they have rights (the site originally are in English and French), they don't have access to translations on documents, images and videos.......

Regards,
Nicolas

Posted by Community Admin on 04-Jul-2011 00:00

Hi,

To complete my first message. When you give permissions on role for pages in Administration section, it doesn't work because it doesn't influence permissions on page section....

Regards,
Nicolas

Posted by Community Admin on 05-Jul-2011 00:00

Hi,

I finally understand the problem, if you have content (Library, Album, Documents, Images....) created or uploaded by an Administrator and a custom role who have the permissions on this sections.
Users with this custom role doesn't have acces to any content which his role isn't the creator.

For illustrating it, the role permissions are :
Document
- View Document Library
- Modify library and manage documents
DocumentLibrary
- View document library
- Create document library

A user with this role can't upload document in Default Library and any Libraries created by Administrators. He can't Publish or Unpublish a document, uploaded by an Administrator, and he doesn't see translation.

Regards,
Nicolas

Posted by Community Admin on 06-Jul-2011 00:00

Hello Nicolas,

Thank you for contacting Telerik Support. I'm sorry to hear about the problems you are experiencing with setting permissions for your content items. Can you, please, try setting global permissions for the users that you want to be able to modify the content items, and then you can deny the permissions on a lower level (Library, item etc.) I have recorded a sample video demonstrating an administrator using uploading a document and then setting the proper permissions for a non-administrator user who is later able to modify the already uploaded by the admin role document. If the steps you are taking to reproduce this behavior are different from what I have done, please do not hesitate to let me know.

Kind regards,
Boyan Barnev
the Telerik team

Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

This thread is closed