Updating Pages Error - Row not found: GenericOID@

Posted by Community Admin on 04-Aug-2018 02:54

Updating Pages Error - Row not found: GenericOID@

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 04-Jul-2011 00:00

Hi,

While updating pages on Sitefinity 4, we keep getting the following error.
"Row not found: GenericOID@ ..." See attached files.

We notice that it's somehow related to the page being locked out by another user. The weird thing is that the error stays for a while (15min to 2 days) even after unlocking it.

Also get the same issue, if the user exit the page without saving or publishing the changes ie. to discard the changes. The message box pop up to confirm if they want to unsave changes and move from the page. Once click, the error appears.

Could anyone advice how to fix/avoid this annoying error please.
Thanks.

Posted by Community Admin on 04-Jul-2011 00:00

Hello May,

Can you tell me if your project is an upgraded one or brand new? Please share more information about your setup and projects so I can try and reproduce the issue locally.  In the meantime can you please, check if the following query will return any results:

select*
from sf_page_node
where content_id is not null and content_id not in(select content_id from sf_page_data)

If the above query returns records, run the following script ( we would strongly recommend you backup your database before executing the script ):

update sf_page_node
set content_id = null, node_type = 1
where content_id is not null and content_id not in(select content_id from sf_page_data)

Greetings,
Victor Velev
the Telerik team
Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

Posted by Community Admin on 05-Jul-2011 00:00

Thanks for your reply. The project sitefinity version is 4.1.1405.0 and no rows returns when I run the first query.
As mentioned before, it only happens on some occasions. It's with IIS7 and DB is running on Microsoft SQL Server 2008 R2 (RTM) - 10.50.1600.1 (X64) Enterprise Edition (64-bit)

We tried upgrading it to SP2 but our pages crashed after that so we had to rollback to previous state.

Posted by Community Admin on 05-Jul-2011 00:00

Hi May,

Is it possible for you to attach your project to a FTP ( codebase and database ) so I can install it locally and investigate the issue in depth.

All the best,
Victor Velev
the Telerik team

Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

Posted by Community Admin on 06-Jul-2011 00:00

Also experiencing the same error.

I'm on Oracle 10g with IIS 6 on Win2003. Curiously, it is only affecting pages that are locked; and even though I'm the only user on the system (Administrator), I can't unlock my own pages.

Stopping and re-starting the application pool (or all of IIS) as Pavel found here temporarily clears the bug.

Posted by Community Admin on 08-Jul-2011 00:00

We're getting this error now too. We're getting this error while trying to recreate half our website because pages crash after upgrading to SP1. Upgrading to SP2 didn't fix that problem so we're just recreating the pages. This is yet another fing bug that has made getting a 4.x website out the door a massive pain in the ***. I guess I'll just keep a RDP window open to the webserver and recycle the app pool every time our content editor messages me that he's getting the error. Brilliant.

Posted by Community Admin on 08-Jul-2011 00:00

I also get this for a while...then it magically goes away

No idea what's causing it...

Posted by Community Admin on 22-Jul-2011 00:00

Updated to SF 4.1 SP3, still seeing a similar error.

Steps to reproduce errors I am seeing often:

Click a page's checkbox. Click "Create a child of the selected page". Type in a name, then click "Create and go add content". Add a content block, fill it with content. Click "Save". Click "Publish".

In many cases, it will work properly and the page will be available. In other cases, however, a message box is displayed:

No row for Telerik.Sitefinity.Pages.Model.PageDraft ('sf_draft_pages') GenericOID@7e662036 PageDraft id=8f5e67e4-5d38-4762-a9e9-acd04d39a487

Clicking okay causes the message box to pop again. And again. Terminating the browser and attempting the reload the Pages area causes the same message to repeat.

Recycling the app pool remains the only means of regaining access to the Pages menu.

If the above error does not occur, another failure mode is the page is created, but locked. Attempting to unlock it gives the following error:

Row not found: GenericOID@45ff7eb1 PageData content_id=2e23389c-92dc-4661-afc8-f9e8ac44d34c
UPDATE "sf_page_data" SET "locked_by"=?, "last_modified"=?, "voa_version"=? WHERE "content_id" = ? AND "voa_version"=?
(set event logging to all to see parameter values)

In this state, the page can not be manipulated until the app pool is recycled, but it is saved correctly and unlocked.

Posted by Community Admin on 26-Jul-2011 00:00

Hi Stephen,

Can you share more details about your project - is your server load balanced environment or single server scenario? Do you use custom template for the parent page? Any additional information would be helpful.

Kind regards,
Victor Velev
the Telerik team

Posted by Community Admin on 28-Jul-2011 00:00

We're getting this too, here's what led to it (I was trying to replace our "About" Page with a new version based on the copied layout).

1. Duplicate a Page that had the layout I wanted, named it "About 2".

2. Drag 2 child Pages into it from our existing "About" Page.

3. Delete the existing "About" Page. This required me to navigate away from the Pages screen as SF thought this page still had children.

4. Back on the Pages screen, rename "About 2" to be "About".

5. Try to edit the page and get this error.

I forgot to say, this now affects all pages on our live site -- nothing can be edited. :(

Hello Ian,

I have answered you in the support ticket. I hope you don't mind to keep the communication in one place.

All the best,
Victor Velev
the Telerik team

Posted by Community Admin on 04-Aug-2011 00:00

Keeping the conversation in Ian's support ticket, isn't helpful to the rest of us facing this same issue. Is there a fix for this yet. I have a Content Manager working on a site and every 1-2 pages he creates, he has to message me to go in and recycle the App Pool. What a joke.

Posted by Community Admin on 05-Aug-2011 00:00

I encountered a similar issue and the resolution information can be found in my thread posting:

http://www.sitefinity.com/devnet/forums/sitefinity-4-x/bugs-issues/solution-to-dbo-database-schema-problem.aspx

It basically amounts to renaming my database schema (at least for SQL Server) to the user owned schema name.  For example, if my database schema is by default dbo.<table name> I would have to rename it to  mydbuser.<table name>

Posted by Community Admin on 05-Aug-2011 00:00

Hello Jeremy,

Can you give us more details about your situation? Are you running your website in a NLB? Did you start to receive the error all of a sudden or some action led to it?

Greetings,
Victor Velev
the Telerik team

Posted by Community Admin on 07-Aug-2011 00:00

Hi all,

We are having exactly the same issue as Ian and May do.

Has anyone got any solution?

Posted by Community Admin on 10-Aug-2011 00:00

Got same problem.....

Do we have a chance to get the new version of SF 4.2 within this week, that hopefully removes this error situation???

Regards, Robert

Posted by Community Admin on 11-Aug-2011 00:00

With the SP2 upgrade, the error very rarely appear now BUT
just now I got the same error again and it went away once I refresh after a few min.
So confusing when you don't understand what's the cause of it or how to get rid of it completely. :(

Posted by Community Admin on 11-Aug-2011 00:00

Hi May,

We received several other requests with the same issue and we need some more time to investigate it. We will update all requests with our findings shortly.
If you have some other information that would help us to narrow down the issue, please let us know.

Kind regards,
Ivan Dimitrov
the Telerik team

Posted by Community Admin on 18-Aug-2011 00:00

I was getting this quite often in 4.1 but hadn't seen it until today in 4.2. We're running a site on Azure and it seems to happen after using the admin side for a little while. Things start to get slower (wether that's Sitefinity or our Internet connection) I don't know, but eventually trying to publish a page takes forever and, not being patient I hit refresh. I can't 100% say that the next time I try to edit the page, I get this error but it seems to be pretty soon after.

I did find that rebooting the instance on Azure seems to get rid of it. Hopefully that helps.

Kalvin

Posted by Community Admin on 26-Aug-2011 00:00

Hi Kmac,

The issue looks like related to the caching, because when you restart the server all resources are released. If you can replicate the issue on 4.2 you can attach the Upgrade and Error logs from App_Data folder and see if there is something logged in them.

All the best,
Ivan Dimitrov
the Telerik team

Thank you for being the most amazing .NET community! Your unfailing support is what helps us charge forward! We'd appreciate your vote for Telerik in this year's DevProConnections Awards. We are competing in mind-blowing 20 categories and every vote counts! VOTE for Telerik NOW >>

Posted by Community Admin on 29-Aug-2011 00:00

I am having the same problem jeremy has with having to run an issreset every few hours.

Is there a resolution to this yet?

Posted by Community Admin on 01-Sep-2011 00:00

Hi Steve,

We are aware of this problem and we are working on it. We will do everything possible to provide a fix for the next service pack. Any additional information that you have will be highly appreciated. Sorry for the inconvenience!

Best wishes,
Petya
the Telerik team

Thank you for being the most amazing .NET community! Your unfailing support is what helps us charge forward! We'd appreciate your vote for Telerik in this year's DevProConnections Awards. We are competing in mind-blowing 20 categories and every vote counts! VOTE for Telerik NOW >>

Posted by Community Admin on 16-Sep-2011 00:00

Unfortunately this issue also affects me and recycling the app pool requires close to a three hour warm-up on my site do to the need to first time compile every page. I just spent a week making sure I wouldn't need to recycle the app pool only to find out to make content changes I have to recycle the app pool. Any idea of when this will be corrected? 

Posted by Community Admin on 19-Sep-2011 00:00

Thanks, any update, we go live in 2 weeks and need a resolution asap.

~Steve 

Posted by Community Admin on 26-Sep-2011 00:00

Hey guys,

We seem to find this problem more prevalent when we're running multiple worker processes on our IIS server. Down to a single worker process and we're okay for much longer. Some sort of concurrency issue, perhaps?

Joel

Posted by Community Admin on 27-Sep-2011 00:00

Hi Joel,

Currently web garden is not supported by Sitefinity at the moment. So we don't recommend running IIS with multiple worker processes set. This might cause various problems. Do you have the problem with a single worker process?

Best wishes,
Pavel
the Telerik team

Posted by Community Admin on 27-Sep-2011 00:00

Hi Pavel,

It's much less frequent when we're running a single worker process. Are there plans to support scaling?

Thanks!
Joel

Posted by Community Admin on 28-Sep-2011 00:00

Hello Joel,
the issue is with very high priority already. We've made some improvements for the 4.2 SP1. The problem is that we can't reproduce it here - tested on Windows 7 32/64bit, 2008 32/64bit, different SQL server versions, and so on. We also tested many client projects. If you can provide some test case that we can reproduce it this will be of great help for us. What tell us what is your configuration?

All the best,
Pavel
the Telerik team

Pavel,

Maybe it's something to do with the amount and number of dependencies that we're forced to use for our internal system? I can send you our bin folder zipped. It's more than 2mb, (110mb) so I would need a location to send it other than this ticket.

Thank you!
Joel

I am noticing this error quite a bit on a 4.2 site that is (hardware) load balanced and has the sitefinity data caching disabled.  Is this "officially" a bug or are there some Sitefinity settings (or OpenAccessORM settings) that should be tweaked?

I do notice that if I only utilize a single server, I very rarely encounter this issue.

Posted by Community Admin on 29-Sep-2011 00:00

Hi,

Any updates here?  We started getting this problem immediatly after adding more worker processes, which we needed to do to handle server load. 

Thanks,
Jason

Posted by Community Admin on 30-Sep-2011 00:00

Hey Jason, A couple of posts below, the Telerik guys confirmed my fears and said 4.2 wasn't supporting web gardens yet. Guys, please correct me if I'm wrong. Joel

I was thinking about making the /sitefinity folder it's own app pool with a single worker process and have the main root folder be another app pool with multiple processes. What do you think?

Yeah, we tried running a separate instance of IIS for our content editor to do her work in. No dice.

I'm not saying that we tried what you're suggesting, I'd be curious to hear your results!

Joel

Hey Joel,

Is there a way we can chat over an instant messenger client and/or e-mail?  I'd like to talk with you a bit more about this issue if you're open to it.

Thanks,
Jason

Yeah, you can hit me up- don't know what kind of help I can be, but I'll certainly try.

jmusheno@ohio-cpa.com

Posted by Community Admin on 14-Oct-2011 00:00

I  tried to create page programmatically. After some attempt to create and delete some content, i couldn't open page templates.
I added a dummy record to "sf_page_node" table.  Dummy record content_id is the guid that shown at error message. I know it's not a good solution, but it's ok now.

Posted by Community Admin on 02-Nov-2011 00:00

It is now Novmber 2nd, and we are having this same issue.

Row not found: GenericOID@137e53a5 Blog content_id=4b0b121c-c375-416b-8ec6-9b5caf6c2333
UPDATE [sf_blogs] SET [last_modified]=?, [voa_version]=? WHERE [content_id] = ? AND [voa_version]=?
(set event logging to all to see parameter values)

For also sometimes get locked out of the form manager, and right now we are unable to change the templates that pages are assigned to, and instead get the following error:

Object reference not set to an instance of an object.

Is there still no resolution to this problem?? We have also submitted a ticket that seems to be going no where with Lubomir.

Posted by Community Admin on 04-Nov-2011 00:00

Hello Jacob,

There is a know issue in the release notes about "row not found error"

Known Issues

• Pages, Content: When a content is locked for editing by a user, other users get error “Row not found…” upon accessing it"
You can try to disable the second level caching of Open Access ( take a look at attached screenshot)which seems to be a workaround in some of the cases. Also make sure that you are not having some custom triggers set for the database.

Greetings,
Ivan Dimitrov
the Telerik team

Posted by Community Admin on 04-Oct-2012 00:00

Has there been any resolution to this? I am running Sitefinity 5.0.2523.0 SE. The entire production site can't publish content and gets this error each time we try.

Has there been any resolution to this? I am running Sitefinity 5.0.2523.0 SE. The entire production site can't publish content and gets this error each time we try.

I just followed this solution (http://community.dynamics.com/product/crm/crmtechnical/b/magnetism/archive/2012/04/19/preventing-row-not-found-error-in-sitefinity-on-windows-azure.aspx) which involves disabling the OpenAccess Level 2 cache. That kind of sucks as a solution but it seems to make everything work.

Posted by Community Admin on 23-Aug-2013 00:00

Hi, The link does not works, do you have the steps do I need to do?

Posted by Community Admin on 23-Aug-2013 00:00

After 2 years there is no a public information or official solution to this issue? We are on SF 5.2 and still the same problem.

Posted by Community Admin on 28-Aug-2013 00:00

Hi,

I would like to suggest upgrading to at least version 5.4:Upgrade. In the meantime, you can disable level 2 cache from here: Administration - Settings - Advanced - Data, set it to False, save and restart:http://screencast.com/t/wzStSQTIYthj

I hope this helps.

Regards,
Atanas Valchev
Telerik

Posted by Community Admin on 27-Sep-2013 00:00

FYI, we are on Sitefinity 5.4.4010, and the problem still exists.  Disabling the second-level caching and restarting does appear to resolve some of the issues, but this cannot (and should not) be a long-term fix.  And please don't suggest upgrading to 6.x.  My clients are skittish enough about Sitefinity as it is...

Kent

Posted by Community Admin on 02-Oct-2013 00:00

Hi,

The issue has been resolved in the latest version, that is why, I would like to suggest upgrading.

Regards,
Atanas Valchev
Telerik

Posted by Community Admin on 27-Nov-2013 00:00

I am facing this issue in Sitefinity 5.3. this occurs when I Edit and publish the pages. Attached the error screen.

Posted by Community Admin on 24-Mar-2014 00:00

We are on Sitefinity 6.1, and this error is occurring for our users when they save a page. Is there anything you can suggest in terms of alleviating this message? [quote]Hi,The issue has been resolved in the latest version, that is why, I would like to suggest upgrading.Regards,
Atanas Valchev 
Telerik[/quote]

Posted by Community Admin on 02-Apr-2014 00:00

FYI everyone that has this error... I am on SF 6.3 and I just encountered the error... Does anyone have a better solution other than disabling the L2 cache?

Posted by Community Admin on 04-Apr-2014 00:00

Hello,

There are cases where this could be caused by something else than the L2 cache. It would be helpful if you could share the stack trace. Are you able to reliably reproduce it?

Regards,
Atanas Valchev
Telerik

Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Sitefinity CMS Ideas&Feedback Portal and vote to affect the priority of the items

Posted by Community Admin on 12-May-2015 00:00

7.0.5100, May 2015, this issue still exists.  I am unable to edit pages in our production environment.  Yes, caching already set to "False".  Recycled app pool, restarted website, turned off website/recycled app pool/turned website back on....same error.

Deleted the offending page from Stage, "Notres", synced it as deleted to production...no help.  Searched for offending page in production's Pages view, found it (even though it had been deleted in stage and synced) and deleted it from production via unpublish/delete...same problem.

Server Error in '/' Application.

No row for Telerik.Sitefinity.Pages.Model.PageNode ('sf_page_node') GenericOID@88d17800 PageNode id=bed88c77-98cf-6a15-a1a9-ff0b00d30354 NOTRESDescription: An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of the current web request. Please review the stack trace for more information about the error and where it originated in the code. 

Exception Details: Telerik.OpenAccess.Exceptions.NoSuchObjectException: No row for Telerik.Sitefinity.Pages.Model.PageNode ('sf_page_node') GenericOID@88d17800 PageNode id=bed88c77-98cf-6a15-a1a9-ff0b00d30354 NOTRES 

Source Error: 

An unhandled exception was generated during the execution of the current web request. Information regarding the origin and location of the exception can be identified using the exception stack trace below.
Stack Trace: 

[NoSuchObjectException: No row for Telerik.Sitefinity.Pages.Model.PageNode ('sf_page_node') GenericOID@88d17800 PageNode id=bed88c77-98cf-6a15-a1a9-ff0b00d30354 NOTRES ] OpenAccessRuntime.ExceptionWrapper.Throw() +13 OpenAccessRuntime.DataObjects.PCStateMan.handleException(Exception x) +101 OpenAccessRuntime.DataObjects.PCStateMan.getObjectFieldImp(PersistenceCapable pc, FieldMetaData fmd, Object currentValue) +183 Telerik.Sitefinity.Pages.Model.PageNode.get_Parent() +82 Telerik.Sitefinity.Web.PageSiteNode..ctor(SiteMapBase provider, PageNode pageNode, String pageProviderName) +574 Telerik.Sitefinity.Web.SiteMapBase.FindSiteMapNodeFromKey(String key, Boolean ifAccessible) +944 Telerik.Sitefinity.Modules.GenericContent.DynamicLinksParser.GetContentUrl(String key, Guid id, Boolean resolveAsAbsoluteUrl, ContentLifecycleStatus status) +1772 Telerik.Sitefinity.Web.Utilities.LinkParser.Resolve(HtmlChunk chunk, Int32 valueIndex, GetItemUrl itemUrl, ResolveUrl resolveUrl, Boolean preserveOriginalValue, Boolean resolveAbsolute) +995 Telerik.Sitefinity.Web.Utilities.LinkParser.ParseHtml(String html, GetItemUrl itemUrl, ResolveUrl resolveUrl, Boolean resolve, Boolean preserveOriginalValue, Boolean resolveAbsolute, ProcessChunk processChunk) +851 Telerik.Sitefinity.Modules.GenericContent.Web.UI.ContentBlockBase.InitializeControls(GenericContainer container) +151 Telerik.Sitefinity.Modules.GenericContent.Web.UI.ContentBlock.InitializeControls(GenericContainer container) +433 Telerik.Sitefinity.Web.UI.SimpleView.CreateChildControls() +88 System.Web.UI.Control.EnsureChildControls() +189 System.Web.UI.Control.PreRenderRecursiveInternal() +60 System.Web.UI.Control.PreRenderRecursiveInternal() +222 System.Web.UI.Control.PreRenderRecursiveInternal() +222 System.Web.UI.Control.PreRenderRecursiveInternal() +222 System.Web.UI.Control.PreRenderRecursiveInternal() +222 System.Web.UI.Control.PreRenderRecursiveInternal() +222 System.Web.UI.Control.PreRenderRecursiveInternal() +222 System.Web.UI.Control.PreRenderRecursiveInternal() +222 System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequestMain(Boolean includeStagesBeforeAsyncPoint, Boolean includeStagesAfterAsyncPoint) +4297

Version Information: Microsoft .NET Framework Version:4.0.30319; ASP.NET Version:4.0.30319.34212​

Posted by Community Admin on 27-May-2015 00:00

It is May 27th, 215 and I have this error. Using Sitefinity 7.3... this question was originally for 4.0. Why the hell is there not a fix??

Posted by Community Admin on 01-Jun-2015 00:00

Hello,

This particular error occurs when the page node with the specified id cannot be found and is not related to the Level 2 caching. Please, open a ticket for your specific issue and we will be able to investigate further and request a copy of the project if needed.

Regards,
Atanas Valchev
Telerik

Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Sitefinity CMS Ideas&Feedback Portal and vote to affect the priority of the items

Posted by Community Admin on 09-Jun-2015 00:00

Reseting IIS solves more than just this bug. I am finding myself having to more frequently end IIS in task manager, but also resetting IIS on our production server. Resetting IIS resets sitefinity, so if you want to see your changes, you have to end the task in ur dev env, or on whatever IIS server that you're using. Also, doing a reset of IIS just solved the problem of content being changed on a page in the dashboard wasn't being seen on the actual  website.

LISDFJK,

Jeremy

Posted by Community Admin on 16-Jun-2015 00:00

To be honest, I posted this a while ago and don't remember why this error was coming up. Probably had to find some workaround again because you guys have been MIA for the last 8 months. Welcome back Telerik, glad to see your forums are fixed, but these responses 5+ months later are pretty useless when companies are trying to launch websites using your CMS every day.

Posted by Community Admin on 17-Jun-2015 00:00

Hi,

We aim to give a chance to the community members to assist and provide useful suggestions. This is the reason why we do not always provide replies in the forum threads. Moreover, I would like to inform you that we update existing forms when we have further information on specific requirement, question or problem discussed.

Have in mind that you can take advantage of the other support or premium services listed here.

Regards,
Stefani Tacheva
Telerik

Posted by Community Admin on 21-Mar-2017 00:00

Posting this in March, 2017 and I still get the error. I am running the latest version 9.1 and its ridiculous that the issue has been continuing since ages and yet no concrete fix. 

AM

Posted by Community Admin on 23-Mar-2017 00:00

Hi Aayushi,

I had this problem, when i deployed website to Azure and i used Azure SQL. My solution was disabling L2 cache in Sitefinity settings. Website became bit slower, but problem is gone. May be it will help someone

This thread is closed