ApplicationException: The path '....\SitefinityWebApp.cs

Posted by Community Admin on 04-Aug-2018 08:25

ApplicationException: The path '....\SitefinityWebApp.csproj' does not exist.

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 04-Jul-2011 00:00

Hi,

Apologies if this has a obvious fix, but I'm kind of learning sitefinity 4.1 SP2 and couldn't figure various things yet.
I've created a new project and it created a default name "SitefinityWebApp". I was able to browse the front and backend sites without changing anything. Then I rename the project via Visual Studio with project specific non dot or underscored name and I now get this error when I try to launch solution via Project Manager:

I'm still able to build my solution with renamed project successfully. But when I browse the front end, I get error:

Unable to load one or more of the requested types. Retrieve the LoaderExceptions property for more information.

Description: An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of the current web request. Please review the stack trace for more information about the error and where it originated in the code. 

Exception Details: System.Reflection.ReflectionTypeLoadException: Unable to load one or more of the requested types. Retrieve the LoaderExceptions property for more information.

and I get this message when I browse admin site.

The system is restarting...

Please wait a few seconds. You will be redirected automatically

Could someone help me how to resolve this issue please.

Thanks.

Posted by Community Admin on 04-Jul-2011 00:00

Hi May,

The error you get is probably caused by the fact that the system cannot find the initial path ( or file ) which was used to run the project at first. When you rename the project name, all the reference which point to the old project appear not be valid thus throwing you the exception. Please consider checking the following article in which the same issue is being discussed:

www.sitefinity.com/.../i-create-a-new-project-and-add-usercontrol-then-system-error-occured.aspx

Regards,
Victor Velev
the Telerik team

Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

Posted by Community Admin on 05-Jul-2011 00:00

Thanks for your reply and I've already seen those posts before creating this post. They don't mention any specific fix for the issue and just clearing cache and rebuilding did not work for me.

Before doing any build I have moved all the very initial state dlls from bin to a separate folder, added all as solution items and rereference them in the project. Only then I build my project and it's been working fine until I decided to rename the project from the default to a project specific name.

As stated, there are two issues, not being able to launch the solution via Project Manager and getting the two errors when I run the project via visual studio.

Posted by Community Admin on 05-Jul-2011 00:00

Hello May,

Could you please send me your project ( the files and the database ) so I can investigate the issues further on our local environment.

Kind regards,
Victor Velev
the Telerik team

Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

Posted by Community Admin on 08-Jul-2011 00:00

Hi please grab the files from below links:
Project: www.mediafire.com/
DB: www.mediafire.com/

DB Version: Microsoft SQL Server 2008 R2 (RTM) - 10.50.1600.1 (X64)
Enterprise Edition (64-bit)

Thanks.

Posted by Community Admin on 13-Jul-2011 00:00

Hello May,

I was able to fix your project - the problem was coming from some missing dlls in your bin folder. I copied the proper dll files from blank SP2 project and replaced them. Now you have project which has different name and functions properly. Please review the attached archives.

Greetings,
Victor Velev
the Telerik team

[View:/cfs-file/__key/communityserver-discussions-components-files/297/284661_5F00_miu2_2D00_part02.rar:320:240]
[View:/cfs-file/__key/communityserver-discussions-components-files/297/284660_5F00_miu2_2D00_part01.rar:320:240]

Posted by Community Admin on 11-Aug-2011 00:00

Thanks for your reply. I wasn't able to test out your sample fully but was able to get rid of the error by rereferencing all the assemblies properly.
But another issue still exists.
Could you tell me how to update the "Project Manger" when the project name's been changed from default "SitefinityWebApp.csproj" to any other please? At the moment, I'm getting the error as follow:

Would be great if I can get rid of that error from "Project Manager" as well.

Thanks.

Posted by Community Admin on 12-Aug-2011 00:00

Hello May,

You can edit the Projects.xml file located in your Sitefinity Project Manager default installation folder. The file contains an XML structure of all your projects, including their location on the filesystem, name etc - you'll need to adjust the project's new location and save the file. If there's anything else we can help you with, please let us know.

Greetings,
Boyan Barnev
the Telerik team

Posted by Community Admin on 24-Aug-2012 00:00

Server Error in '/sitemap1' Application.

The specified cryptographic algorithm is not supported on this platform.

Description: An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of the current web request. Please review the stack trace for more information about the error and where it originated in the code.

Exception Details: System.PlatformNotSupportedException: The specified cryptographic algorithm is not supported on this platform.

Source Error:

An unhandled exception was generated during the execution of the current web request. Information regarding the origin and location of the exception can be identified using the exception stack trace below.

Stack Trace:

[PlatformNotSupportedException: The specified cryptographic algorithm is not supported on this platform.]
   System.Security.Cryptography.CapiNative.AcquireCsp(String keyContainer, String providerName, ProviderType providerType, CryptAcquireContextFlags flags, Boolean throwPlatformException) +135
   System.Security.Cryptography.SHA256CryptoServiceProvider..ctor() +55
   Telerik.Sitefinity.Security.Cryptography.HmacSha256Unmanaged..ctor(Byte[] key) +50
   Telerik.Sitefinity.Security.Claims.SWT.SWTSecurityTokenHandler.CreateToken(SecurityTokenDescriptor tokenDescriptor) +2008
   Microsoft.IdentityModel.SecurityTokenService.SecurityTokenService.Issue(IClaimsPrincipal principal, RequestSecurityToken request) +431
   Telerik.Sitefinity.Security.Claims.ClaimsResolver.BuildSimpleWebToken(IClaimsPrincipal principal, String realm) +224
   Telerik.Sitefinity.Security.Claims.SecurityTokenServiceHttpHandler.SendSimpleWebToken(HttpContext context, User user, RequestMessage reqMessage) +108
   Telerik.Sitefinity.Security.Claims.SecurityTokenServiceHttpHandler.SendToken(HttpContext context, User user, RequestMessage reqMessage, String format) +112
   Telerik.Sitefinity.Security.Claims.SecurityTokenServiceHttpHandler.ProcessRequest(HttpContext context) +813
   System.Web.CallHandlerExecutionStep.System.Web.HttpApplication.IExecutionStep.Execute() +429
   System.Web.HttpApplication.ExecuteStep(IExecutionStep step, Boolean& completedSynchronously) +76

Version Information: Microsoft .NET Framework Version:4.0.30319; ASP.NET Version:4.0.30319.272            

Hi....
im getting this error ,after login as administrator.
im using sitefinity 5.1 version , installed and trying to create new project with the name samplemap1, but this error was occured after administrator login
And sitefinitywebapp.csproj file is not opnening, i mean the default files after installing sitefinity is not opnening on visual studio 2005.
Please show the solution for this...

im having:
windows xp
sql server 2008
visual studio(vb.net) 2005
sitefinity _5.1.3270.0

thanks

Posted by Community Admin on 24-Aug-2012 00:00

Server Error in '/sitemap1' Application.

The specified cryptographic algorithm is not supported on this platform.

Description: An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of the current web request. Please review the stack trace for more information about the error and where it originated in the code.

Exception Details: System.PlatformNotSupportedException: The specified cryptographic algorithm is not supported on this platform.

Source Error:

An unhandled exception was generated during the execution of the current web request. Information regarding the origin and location of the exception can be identified using the exception stack trace below.

Stack Trace:

[PlatformNotSupportedException: The specified cryptographic algorithm is not supported on this platform.]
   System.Security.Cryptography.CapiNative.AcquireCsp(String keyContainer, String providerName, ProviderType providerType, CryptAcquireContextFlags flags, Boolean throwPlatformException) +135
   System.Security.Cryptography.SHA256CryptoServiceProvider..ctor() +55
   Telerik.Sitefinity.Security.Cryptography.HmacSha256Unmanaged..ctor(Byte[] key) +50
   Telerik.Sitefinity.Security.Claims.SWT.SWTSecurityTokenHandler.CreateToken(SecurityTokenDescriptor tokenDescriptor) +2008
   Microsoft.IdentityModel.SecurityTokenService.SecurityTokenService.Issue(IClaimsPrincipal principal, RequestSecurityToken request) +431
   Telerik.Sitefinity.Security.Claims.ClaimsResolver.BuildSimpleWebToken(IClaimsPrincipal principal, String realm) +224
   Telerik.Sitefinity.Security.Claims.SecurityTokenServiceHttpHandler.SendSimpleWebToken(HttpContext context, User user, RequestMessage reqMessage) +108
   Telerik.Sitefinity.Security.Claims.SecurityTokenServiceHttpHandler.SendToken(HttpContext context, User user, RequestMessage reqMessage, String format) +112
   Telerik.Sitefinity.Security.Claims.SecurityTokenServiceHttpHandler.ProcessRequest(HttpContext context) +813
   System.Web.CallHandlerExecutionStep.System.Web.HttpApplication.IExecutionStep.Execute() +429
   System.Web.HttpApplication.ExecuteStep(IExecutionStep step, Boolean& completedSynchronously) +76

Version Information: Microsoft .NET Framework Version:4.0.30319; ASP.NET Version:4.0.30319.272            

Hi....
im getting this error ,after login as administrator.
im using sitefinity 5.1 version , installed and trying to create new project with the name samplemap1, but this error was occured after administrator login
And sitefinitywebapp.csproj file is not opnening, i mean the default files after installing sitefinity is not opnening on visual studio 2005.
Please show the solution for this...

im having:
windows xp
sql server 2008
visual studio(vb.net) 2005
sitefinity _5.1.3270.0

thanks

This thread is closed