User Profile widget - permissions?

Posted by Community Admin on 04-Aug-2018 22:13

User Profile widget - permissions?

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 05-Jul-2011 00:00

Hi,
I'm running into a big issue.  I created a Your Profile page for our members to edit their profile information. I tested the functionality on my computer and it seemed to work great (as my admin account). However, now when our members are logging in and attempting to change their profile information or password, the page just refreshes and does nothing.
I am assuming this is a permissions error. I need help ASAP. Thanks!

Posted by Community Admin on 06-Jul-2011 00:00

Hi Amanda Shafer,

Have you granted Manage Users permission for the users that what to change their profiles?

All the best,
Ivan Dimitrov
the Telerik team

Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

Do I have to give manage users permissions to each individual so they can change their own profiles? I have 3000+ user logins. Is there a way to do this en-mass so I wouldn't have to do it individually? Wouldn't that give them the ability to also edit other users?

Hi Amanda ,

You can group a users in one role and then set "manage users " permission.
Manage users is a global permission, so all users that belongs to a given role and that have this permission set will be able to change details of other users as well.

Another option is crating a simple user or custom control that uses the api and your users can update all details using this widget. You can drop the widget on a backend or frontend page depending on you will grant your users with backend access or not.

Greetings,
Ivan Dimitrov
the Telerik team

Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

I granted Manage User rights to the group. At first, it did not work. But then I also changed the settings so that this page did not cache. That seems to have fixed the issues.

Posted by Community Admin on 07-Jul-2011 00:00

Hi Amanda,

Yes, when the page is cached the dynamic data does not appear until the page is published or application is restarted.

All the best,
Ivan Dimitrov
the Telerik team

Posted by Community Admin on 07-Jul-2011 00:00

Also, in case anyone else runs into this issue, you have to give "Manage Album" rights to the group so they can add a profile picture.

This thread is closed