Profile widget- log out error

Posted by Community Admin on 04-Aug-2018 05:39

Profile widget- log out error

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 06-Jul-2011 00:00

I am receiving the following error anytime I am on a page with the profile widget and I logout of the site.

A required control was not found in the template for "~/SFRes/Telerik.Sitefinity.Resources.Templates.Fields.ImageField.ascx". The control must be assignable from type "Telerik.Web.UI.RadUpload" and must have ID "photoUpload".

Description: An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of the current web request. Please review the stack trace for more information about the error and where it originated in the code.

Exception Details: Telerik.Sitefinity.Web.UI.TemplateException: A required control was not found in the template for "~/SFRes/Telerik.Sitefinity.Resources.Templates.Fields.ImageField.ascx". The control must be assignable from type "Telerik.Web.UI.RadUpload" and must have ID "photoUpload".

Source Error:

An unhandled exception was generated during the execution of the current web request. Information regarding the origin and location of the exception can be identified using the exception stack trace below.

Stack Trace:

[TemplateException: A required control was not found in the template for "~/SFRes/Telerik.Sitefinity.Resources.Templates.Fields.ImageField.ascx". The control must be assignable from type "Telerik.Web.UI.RadUpload" and must have ID "photoUpload".]
   Telerik.Sitefinity.Web.UI.GenericContainer.ThrowException(Type requiredType, String controlId) +74
   Telerik.Sitefinity.Web.UI.GenericContainer.GetControl(String id, Boolean required) +262
   Telerik.Sitefinity.Web.UI.Fields.ImageField.UploadSelectedImage() +136
   System.Web.UI.Control.LoadRecursive() +71
   System.Web.UI.Control.LoadRecursive() +190
   System.Web.UI.Control.AddedControl(Control control, Int32 index) +11335224
   Telerik.Sitefinity.Web.UI.ContentUI.ContentView.LoadView(String viewName) +848
   Telerik.Sitefinity.Web.UI.ContentUI.ContentView.CreateChildControls() +105
   System.Web.UI.Control.EnsureChildControls() +182
   System.Web.UI.Control.PreRenderRecursiveInternal() +60
   System.Web.UI.Control.PreRenderRecursiveInternal() +222
   System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequestMain(Boolean includeStagesBeforeAsyncPoint, Boolean includeStagesAfterAsyncPoint) +4201

Version Information: Microsoft .NET Framework Version:4.0.30319; ASP.NET Version:4.0.30319.1

Posted by Community Admin on 06-Jul-2011 00:00

Hi Amanda,

The error  says that you are missing a required control with the specified IDs. Please check your template for the specific control. Also make sure you check this blogpost by Slavo when referencing the templates for the controls which is related to the virtual path settings.

Regards,
Victor Velev
the Telerik team

Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

Posted by Community Admin on 07-Jul-2011 00:00

Hello Victor,

I am using the auto templates out of the box for the profile widget. I haven't made any changes to it. Any specific suggestions on how to edit it?

Posted by Community Admin on 08-Jul-2011 00:00

Hello Amanda,

Can you tell me what modification have you made to the website prior to start getting the error? Please give me more details about the issue and if possible send me login credentials for the website ( you can open a support ticket for that ) so I can observe the templates and settings. Also you might consider sending me the controls or templates you have modified ( if you have such ).

Best wishes,
Victor Velev
the Telerik team

Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

Posted by Community Admin on 25-Dec-2014 00:00

Solution to fix.

you have

<sf:ImageField ID="predefinedImageField" runat="server" SizeInPx="200" DataFieldType="Telerik.Sitefinity.Model.ContentLinks.ContentLink" WrapperTag="div" 
                    DisplayMode="Write" ShowDeleteImageButton="false" DefaultSrc="~/SFRes/images/Telerik.Sitefinity.Resources/Images.DefaultPhoto.png" DataFieldName="Avatar" UploadMode="InputField" CssClass="sfprofileField sfprofileAvatar" /> 

within the View mode template of Profile control 

REMOVE this one attribute ' UploadMode="InputField"  ' from sf:ImageField server control.

This thread is closed