EmptyDataTemplate

Posted by Community Admin on 04-Aug-2018 02:36

EmptyDataTemplate

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 07-Jul-2011 00:00

You need to provide users a better way to define an emptydata template for the RadListView templates...

I shouldn't have to write serverside code against a template in order to just say "No Results" (or whatever)

<script runat="server">
 protected void Page_PreRender(object sender, EventArgs e)
  if(NewsList.Items.Count == 0)
      emptyTemplatePanel.Visible = true;
</script>

<asp:Panel id="emptyTemplatePanel" runat="server" Visible="False">
      <h2>No Results to Display</h2>
</asp:Panel>

...A user can't write that, if they use a news or event widget somewhere by default it'll show nothing if the taxons filter out all the results.

Posted by Community Admin on 12-Jul-2011 00:00

Hi Steve,

I agree. 
I have logged this for improvement. Thanks, as always!

Best wishes,
Georgi
the Telerik team
Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

Posted by Community Admin on 12-Jul-2011 00:00

Thanks, hey can you PITS this for me so I can track when its complete so I can go back and remove the custom parts from these templates?

I'm always leery to hack things in just to get them working NOW knowing you guys will implement these things later...

Posted by Community Admin on 14-Dec-2012 00:00

Hi Sitefinity,

Please improve this as it's still not implemented as of 5.2, and I guess it's too late for 5.3 (it's not in there, by any chance??)  As a checklist of "Development Rules", I have just added "All collection lists must have an empty data template" - and then found it doesn't work with the Out of the Box controls!  DAMN.... More programming level interaction required, when a User/FrontEnd Dev should be able to do it.

I've hit it on News List & Events List, but I imagine it's all lists?

Further reading:
www.sitefinity.com/.../events-widget---no-upcoming-events-message

Thanks,
Stephen

Posted by Community Admin on 19-Dec-2012 00:00

Hi Steve,

5.3. Release is already live so we'll consider implementing this in one of the future releases.

Here's the public PITS Issue URL so that you can track the status of the item.

Kind regards,
Veronica Milcheva
the Telerik team

Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

This thread is closed