You are running a trial version of Sitefinity 4.1.

Posted by Community Admin on 04-Aug-2018 13:51

You are running a trial version of Sitefinity 4.1.

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 07-Jul-2011 00:00

I get this message, although my license seems to be properly registered and is visible from the backend. I tried to remove my license and register it again (from file, as it fails using email / password), but it didn't change a thing.

This happens on a distant server, but not locally from Visual Studio.

Hello Thomas,

Sitefinity is showing the trial message on your site because the domain is not licensed or it is not licensed properly.

A possible reason for the warning is if you have changed the host header thus making some routing and our code cannot validate the key.

If you changed the host header of the domain, you can request a domain alias for the second host which should stop the trial message.

Also do not forget to associate the license key to your website domain so your site can be validated.

Kind regards,
Victor Velev
the Telerik team
Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

Hi Victor,

Thanks for your answer. My license is for the "socgen" domain, and the site with license issues is located at: servername.fr.world.socgen:13980/

Shouldn't it work? Do you think the presence of the port number at the end of the URL causes this issue?

Posted by Community Admin on 14-Jul-2011 00:00

Hi Thomas,

I was informed about your case. The only solution currently is to request from our Sitefinity Sales team a license that has a domain with a dot in the name. For example you can request "world.socegen" and all subdomains of world.socgen will work, if you need others, Sales will be ok to include them in your license for free as long as they end with ".socgen". We haven't allowed licensing of base domains (without dot) since if a license for "com" or "net"  is issued somehow this might be heavily abused. We will also discuss fixing this problem and explicitly disallowing only well known domains, but currently this is your only solution.

Greetings,
Nikolay Datchev
the Telerik team

Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

This thread is closed