Multiple Library Provider Error

Posted by Community Admin on 04-Aug-2018 01:11

Multiple Library Provider Error

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 08-Jul-2011 00:00

When trying to work with multiple library providers I get this error message when working with permissions.

Object references between two different object scopes are not allowed. The object 'Telerik.Sitefinity.Security.Model.Permission' is already managed by 'ObjectScopeImpl 0x4b68a8 Telerik.OpenAccess.RT.EnlistableObjectScope' and was tried to be managed again by 'ObjectScopeImpl 0x235ca4 Telerik.OpenAccess.RT.EnlistableObjectScope'

Any ideas?

Thanks,

David

Hi David,

Please provide some steps that we could follow to replicate the issue you reported. Thanks in advance.

Regards,
Ivan Dimitrov
the Telerik team

Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

I started from scratch just to make sure.

1. Create New Project with new Database.
2. Create New Storage provider via Administration > Settings > Advanced > Providers > Create New > StorageProviderSettings and Restart project
3. Give New provider unique "applicationName" parameter
4. I uploaded two documents into each new provider after creating a new library within each provider.
5. Create two new Roles
6. Edit Permissions of first Role
7. Change Module Provider dropdown to new provider.
8. Edit Document and DocumentLibrary permissions to allow for view, create, Modify library and manage documents etc.
This threw the error for me right away.
Also edit the permissions by section of Libraries and edit the same Modify library and manage documents for the new provider and it starts to through the error.
After playing with this for a while I started to get the error when bouncing between editing permissions of the libraires section, or by role. Almost like they are conflicting with each other.

Also another anomaly I encountered was after changing the Libraries permissions for the new provider under Permissions > By Section > Libraries, and then switching to the Content > Documents & Files > Switch to New Provider > Manage Libraries > edit permissions of a library - you cannot break the inheritance because is throws the same error.

Sometimes you can click through the error and it seems to have an effect, but it starts to act buggy.

Thanks,

David

Posted by Community Admin on 14-Jul-2011 00:00

Hello David,

Right now this functionality is changed and I recommend you to wait for Q2 release before you use it. 

Greetings,
Teodor
the Telerik team

Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

Posted by Community Admin on 29-Jul-2011 00:00

Does Q2 translate to 4.2 coming this August?

Thank you,

David Ray

Posted by Community Admin on 01-Aug-2011 00:00

Hi David,

Yes, Q2 is 4.2 release. Here is the roadmap where you will find all main features.

Greetings,
Ivan Dimitrov
the Telerik team

Posted by Community Admin on 12-Aug-2011 00:00

I Upgraded my project 4.2 and I experienced the error again.

Was this not fixed in the 4.2 Release?

Posted by Community Admin on 17-Aug-2011 00:00

Hi David,

I managed to reproduce your problem on a clean project with 4.2 and I'm logging it as a bug which you can follow here: http://www.telerik.com/support/pits.aspx#/public/sitefinity/7438
I'm also updating your Telerik points.

Best wishes,
Petya
the Telerik team

This thread is closed