Error with adding images to blog posts

Posted by Community Admin on 04-Aug-2018 06:03

Error with adding images to blog posts

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 08-Jul-2011 00:00

Hi,

Does anyone know why I continue to receive an error that says "the relative virtual path [xxxxx] is not allowed here."

This occurs whenever I try to publish a blog post with an image inserted in it. My system is set up so that the blog must be sent for approval before publishing.

To add in an image to my post I click the image icon and then upload either from my computer or already uploaded depending on the image I wish to use.

When I add the image to the post it allows me to send for approval fine. It is when I then click publish that the error appears and the CMS won't let me publish the articles.

I have attached a screenshot of the error that I continue to receive.

Please note this error only occurs when trying to post a blog. If I insert an image anywhere else on my sites content pages I have no problem and receive no such error.

Thanks in advance for your help,

Ashley

Posted by Community Admin on 08-Jul-2011 00:00

Hello Ashley,

Can you tell me if get the error if you try to reference the image as an embedded resource? Do you have any modifications to your website, because it seems that the link parser is throwing the error due to the fact that the link provided is not valid. If you change the link to the image to "~/images/default-album/work-uniform-blog.jpg" it will work but please share more information about your project.

Can you also tell me when did you started getting the exception? I have recorded a video which demonstrates the desired behaviour of the blogs module.

Regards,
Victor Velev
the Telerik team

Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

Posted by Community Admin on 11-Jul-2011 00:00

Hi Victor,

Thanks for your help.

Regarding your first question, sorry- i don't know what that means.
Regarding whether we have modifications to our website, that depends on what you mean by modifications. I don't think it is a highly modified implementation of Sitefinity. Our home URL is www.etax.com.au ... we first noticed this problem last week, shortly after we installed the latest sitefinity update.

Thanks,
Ashley

Posted by Community Admin on 11-Jul-2011 00:00

Hello Ashley,

Can you open support ticket and send me login credentials for the website so I can observe the issue in more depth and provide you with solution.

Best wishes,
Victor Velev
the Telerik team

Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

This thread is closed