Unpublish page appreating Issue

Posted by Community Admin on 04-Aug-2018 07:32

Unpublish page appreating Issue

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 12-Jul-2011 00:00

Hi Sitefinity Team,

We are facing strange issue related to Unpublished documents after we upgraded to Sitefinity 4.1 SP2 Professional edition license.

Couple of pages we have created and after that our client told us to hide them and we did unpublish those pages. Once we unpublished it get's disappear from the left navigation (for logged in and visitors user) which is custom made using SitemapDataSource. 

Now after I upgraded to version 4.1 SP2 the menu items start appearing for the logged is users which is wrong. It is not showing when I am not logged which is correct

We don't want to show the unpublished pages in navigation.

Waiting for your feedback.

Best Regards,

Janak Darji

Posted by Community Admin on 14-Jul-2011 00:00

Hello Janak,

Can you please clarify if the unpublished pages appear in the Sitefinity navigation control or in your custom implementation only? By default we have implemented a logic for our navigation controls that filters out pages that have the ShowInNavigation checkbox unchecked or are unpublished, so my guess is you are experiencing problems with the custom control. Can you please let me know whether you are binding it to a SiteMapDataSource control or are getting the pages with the API? The easiest approach would be to filter them with the API by including a .ThatArePublished() filter. Another option would be to simply mark the pages not to be shown in Navigation (edit Tittle and Properties and uncheck the ShowInNavigation checkbox) and then subscribe to the ItemdataBound event of your navigation control and set Visible="false" to those items that have ShowInNavigation="false". Please take a look at this forum post where we have provided examples on achieving this functionality using both approaches. If there are any additional questions, do not hesitate to write back.

Regards,
Boyan Barnev
the Telerik team

Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

This thread is closed