Disable animations in the navigation

Posted by Community Admin on 04-Aug-2018 16:06

Disable animations in the navigation

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 12-Jul-2011 00:00

Hi there, I have a navigation menu thats currently placed in my templates and I need to disable the animation. I'm only a front end developer (html css javascript) so in laymens terms if you dont mind!

Thanks!

Pete

Posted by Community Admin on 12-Jul-2011 00:00

Hello Peter,

Please take a look at this post

Best wishes,
Ivan Dimitrov
the Telerik team

Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

Posted by Community Admin on 13-Jul-2011 00:00

Thanks Ivan,

Forgive my ignorance but what does it mean to make a custom template? Is that the same as making a custom control in Sitefinity 3.7? If so is there a configuration file I need to create or do I simply point to it?

Thanks for your help

Hi Peter,

You should add an ascx which has a BaseDataBoundControl in this that will be populated internally by the navigation control.  Then you can manipulate this control from your template.

Greetings,
Ivan Dimitrov
the Telerik team

Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

Sorry Ivan,

As I mentioned earlier I am only a front-end developer. You're going to have to dumb that down for me! 

HI Peter,

Here's the process for customizing the menu control in Sitefinity 4.x.

1. Create a folder in the root of your project called "Customized" or any other name that suites your requirements
2. Create a sub-folder in the Customized folder called "Controls"
3. Create a new Web User Control in this folder called CustomMenu.ascx
4. Register the Telerik namespace at the top of the page as shown in line 2 below

1.<%@ Control Language="VB" AutoEventWireup="false" CodeFile="CustomMenu.ascx.vb" Inherits="Customized_Controls_CustomMenu" %>
2.<%@ Register Assembly="Telerik.Web.UI" Namespace="Telerik.Web.UI" TagPrefix="telerik" %>
5. Add the telerik menu to the control as shown in line 3 and 4 below
1.<%@ Control Language="VB" AutoEventWireup="false" CodeFile="CustomMenu.ascx.vb" Inherits="Customized_Controls_CustomMenu" %>
2.<%@ Register Assembly="Telerik.Web.UI" Namespace="Telerik.Web.UI" TagPrefix="telerik" %>
3.<telerik:RadMenu ID="Menu" runat="server" Skin="Vista" ExpandDelay="0" ExpandAnimation-Duration="0" ExpandAnimation-Type="None"
4.    CollapseAnimation-Duration="0" CollapseAnimation-Type="None" CollapseDelay="0"></telerik:RadMenu>
6. In Sitefinity admin drop a normal menu control onto a template or page
7. Click edit to get to the menu control's properties
8. Click advanced and scroll down to the CustomLayoutTemplatePath field
9. Enter the following value for this field: /Customized/Controls/CustomMenu.ascx

I think that's about it.

Regards,
Jacques

Posted by Community Admin on 14-Jul-2011 00:00

Thanks Jacques that's precisely the answer I was looking for! 

This thread is closed