Media Manager audio Firefox and Chrome

Posted by Community Admin on 04-Aug-2018 21:20

Media Manager audio Firefox and Chrome

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 12-Jul-2011 00:00

I'm having an issue with using uploaded audio from the radeditor in FireFox and Chrome.  The audio playback works correctly in IE9.  Chrome works with the telerik demo, but not in my project.  I narrowed it down to not being the actual mp3 file because if I upload the same file in the demo in Chrome, the audio plays perfectly.  As for FireFox(tested in 5), it only displays an image, but doesn't properly place the object in the markup.  I have the windows media plugin installed in all three browsers, the audio will play with default players if I navigate to them, and my virtual directory for the media manager is setup correctly on my server.  I compared the markup created in chrome between my project and the telerik demo, and the exact object is created the only difference is that my object is surrounded by p tags, while the telerik demo is surrounded by h tags.  Are there any current issues with audio playback that will be fixed in the future?  Are there also any ways around the current issue?

This is the error that the windows media web plugin throws when the file fails to play, which can't be true because I'm using valid files:

"Windows Media Player cannot play the file. The Player might not support the file type or might not support the codec that was used to compress the file."

Posted by Community Admin on 14-Jul-2011 00:00

Hi Ryan,

Could you check if there are issues if you use one of the built -in movies in Windows? I attached one of them that you can use for the test.

Regards,
Ivan Dimitrov
the Telerik team

Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

Posted by Community Admin on 18-Jul-2011 00:00

I tried to use the Bear.wmv file, but it yielded the same results as my previous test file.  

Posted by Community Admin on 21-Jul-2011 00:00

Hello Ryan,

Can you check if you have increased the maximum request length and the response timeout? it might be the case that the file is exceeding the allowed size.

Kind regards,
Radoslav Georgiev
the Telerik team

Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

This thread is closed