Can't share content blocks in SF 4.1.1501

Posted by Community Admin on 04-Aug-2018 14:49

Can't share content blocks in SF 4.1.1501

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 13-Jul-2011 00:00

We can certainly build our own control, but I thought having the functionality to share content blocks under Content -> Types of Content -> Content blocks justifies having Content blocks under Content -> Types of Content. So is the intention to take away the ability to create a list of content blocks and share them, perhaps drive us to a best practice of implementing content blocks? I noticed the shared content remained that were implemented in SF4.1.1339 and can be unshared. Did Telerik mean to do this? Just to reiterate: I do not have the ability to share content blocks anymore under Content -> Types of Content -> Content blocks. Thanks in advance.

Posted by Community Admin on 14-Jul-2011 00:00

Hi Ron,

1. You can create content through Content Blocks module - there is no problem with this.
2. To show this content you need to use ContentBlock control - it has a selector which you can use to select shared content that will appear inside the content area of the ContentBlock control
3. ContentBlock is a public control which has an option that allows you to create a new shared content which is equivalent to creating this item from Content Blocks module.

Greetings,
Ivan Dimitrov
the Telerik team

Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

Posted by Community Admin on 14-Jul-2011 00:00

Ah, I was trying to use content I have created in the content block module inside a template. This is not possible. So any common html that calls a javascript function such as print, needs to be implemented on the master page or on every page as shared content? Thanks! I understand.

Posted by Community Admin on 03-Aug-2011 00:00

I just installed Sitefinity 4.1, Small Business Edition and can not figure out how to embed shared content using the Content Block control within a page template.

It is my understanding that this feature was rolled out in 4.1.  Is this feature unavailable in Sitefinity 4.1, Small Business Edition?

Posted by Community Admin on 03-Aug-2011 00:00

Hello Michael,

The feature is available since Sitefinity 4.1. Here are the release notes. Sharing will work only on page level. Currently it is not implemented on a template level and we are working on this task. If you are testing the control on a template share/branch content buttons won't be visible.

Kind regards,
Ivan Dimitrov
the Telerik team

Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

This thread is closed