Forms Checkbox type

Posted by Community Admin on 04-Aug-2018 03:43

Forms Checkbox type

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 18-Jul-2011 00:00

I though it was super cool how the Checkboxes allowed you to pick how many columns you want the results to render in...

But the resulting HTML I'm finding hard to style

For example this is the 2 column markup
<input>
<label>
<input>
<label>
<br/>
<input>
<label>
<input>
<label>

I would probably prefer if the inputs and labels were wrapped in DIVs so I could group\space them easier...

Posted by Community Admin on 25-Jul-2011 00:00

Hi Steve,

Thank you for your suggestions. We can plan this for the future. Anyway you could still make this possible with a custom widget. Please, check the documentation here:
www.sitefinity.com/.../sitefinity-essentials-controls.html

Best wishes,
Pavel
the Telerik team

Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

Posted by Community Admin on 05-Dec-2014 00:00

Hi there,

Is this issue still on the radar? We've just started working with Forms and I'm finding checkboxes and radio buttons quite difficult to style, and it'd be nice to have a fix that didn't involve creating a custom widget. Speaking of which, the above link is out of date—where would we find documentation on how to create forms widgets specifically?

Thanks.

Posted by Community Admin on 06-Dec-2014 00:00

@Dan I wouldn't hold my breath...I'm sure is burried deep in the backlog and Sitefinity has been out for so long changing (improving) the markup would potentially break existing sites form styling.

what I normally do is just have a script that looks for the forms widget wrapper, then just do some loops to fix the markup or maybe add the bootstrap classes myself.  You'll be waiting until 2020 for them to get to this.

Posted by Community Admin on 10-Dec-2014 00:00

Hi Dan,

The easiest way for creating a custom forms field controls is to use Sitefinity Thunder. Please check the following documentation article that might be very helpful.

Creating Custom Form Field Controls

Regards,
Kaloyan
Telerik

Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Sitefinity CMS Ideas&Feedback Portal and vote to affect the priority of the items

This thread is closed