Configuration Error

Posted by Community Admin on 04-Aug-2018 14:05

Configuration Error

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 18-Jul-2011 00:00

hi,

I have used the Microsoft Platform installer to install the community version of sitefinity.
Then I added some page.
Then I chose a page as a default page / home page.
After that I cannot go on the admin tab. I get this error.
Configuration Error
 Description: An error occurred during the processing of a configuration file required to service this request. Please review the specific error details below and modify your configuration file appropriately.

Parser Error Message: The entry 'PageIndex' has already been added.

Source Error:

Line 320:      </providers>
Line 321:      <indexClients>
Line 322:        <add name="PageIndex" type="Telerik.Cms.Search.PageIndexProvider, Telerik.Cms" settingsControl="Telerik.Cms.Web.UI.PageIndexSettings, Telerik.Cms" viewSettingsControl="Telerik.Cms.Web.UI.SearchViewControl, Telerik.Cms" description="Provides indexing services for CMS Pages."/>
Line 323:      </indexClients>
Line 324:      <indexers>

I have not change anything "by hand".

Regards, Andreas

Posted by Community Admin on 19-Jul-2011 00:00

Hi Andreas,

Thank you for contacting Telerik Support.

Is it possible that the application is added as a child application of another Sitefinity 3.x website? In this case it will try to add the indexing clients to a collection which already contains the ones coming from the parent website. In this case you will have to add a <clear/> attribute right after <indexClients>. You can review this thread where our clients experienced the same problem.

If this is not the case can you please try to restart the application to see if the error will go away?

Best wishes,
Victor Velev
the Telerik team
Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

This thread is closed