500 error on a page that has sufficient permissions

Posted by Community Admin on 04-Aug-2018 15:22

500 error on a page that has sufficient permissions

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 18-Jul-2011 00:00

Dear Sitefinity Team,

We are experiencing a 500 error on one particular page, that has no special permissions. In the first screenshot the error in IE8 could be seen. The same error surfaces in Firefox and Chrome.

The page could only be viewed in the frontend of the site when the user is logged in at the backend. Please observe that in the second screenshot the same URL does not give the 500 error, and the page is shown.

In the third screenshot could be seen that nothing has been changed in the permissions settings of the page. The settings are exactly the same as the rest of the pages, but this is the only one that has this behaviour.

So it remains a mystery why this page returns a 500 error.

Posted by Community Admin on 20-Jul-2011 00:00
Posted by Community Admin on 20-Jul-2011 00:00

Hello Ruben,

The reason why get this error is caused by the fact that you have logged in your site ( by accessing the backend ) and your page has such permissions that allows to be viewed only if you are logged in. Currently when trying to access a page that has its view permissions set  to Deny Anonymous, the server returns an http status code of 500.  The strange thing is that you have already set your view permissions properly. Can you send me login credentials for the website, so I can inspect it carefully? You can open a support ticket and send me the details there. Also there is a rather long discussion related to this problem, which you can track on this forum thread.

Greetings,
Victor Velev
the Telerik team

Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

Posted by Community Admin on 31-Oct-2013 00:00

Hello,

I am having a 500 error message come up when i go into my "Pages" tab. So basically it isn't allowing me to even view any of my content let alone go into any of my pages to make edits. 

Please Help! 

Posted by Community Admin on 04-Nov-2013 00:00

Hi Tony,

In order to investigate the case and if you are fill convenient, could you please send us the error reports?
To do so:
- go to <your ptoject>\App_Data\Sitefinity\Logs\...
- remove all the files
- reproduce the case, zip and send us the error logs generated.

Please provide us with the error message/s thrown by the browser also, if any.

Regards,
Svetoslav Manchev
Telerik

Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

This thread is closed