Title issue - Characters not being allowed

Posted by Community Admin on 04-Aug-2018 15:39

Title issue - Characters not being allowed

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 18-Jul-2011 00:00

Hey guys,

I've been getting this issue of late where I can't put in the and character " & " in any of the titles of the pages. In fact i can't even put any of the following in quotes ". , ~ ! " Has anyone experienced this issue and if so have you resolved it? I can't put the name of a company in the title if it says "Sitefinity & CMS" because I'd have to put "Sitefinity and CMS". A resolution on this matter is critical. Please find attached an image for clarity.

Posted by Community Admin on 19-Jul-2011 00:00

Hi Jase,

You can fin-tune the regular expressions for special characters in Pages in 4.1. Please take a look at this forum thread which contains a discussion on the topic.

Please find a screenshot attached to this reply showing the location of the regular expression setting for SEO Title for Create pages (if you want to apply this setting to Edit pages, you have to do the same changes in the FrontendPagesEdit section. 

I hope this information helps, if you have any additional questions, please do not hesitate to let me know.

Regards,
Victor Velev
the Telerik team

Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

Posted by Community Admin on 20-Jul-2011 00:00

Hey Victor,

Thanks very much for your response. I will attempt to do the following and get back to you. On a similar note, I'm experiencing the same issue when using the URL Mapping feature. Is there another solution for this as well? Thanks again!

Posted by Community Admin on 21-Jul-2011 00:00

Hi Jase,

You can do the same for the url rewriting ( if you mean that by URL Mapping ). Please review the attached screenshot.

Best wishes,
Victor Velev
the Telerik team

Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

Posted by Community Admin on 26-Jul-2011 00:00

Hey Victor,

Thanks for your response. Can I also use numbers in the expression? I think that's my concern really if I have a url for e.g. "sitefinity.com/article.aspx?id=5279 " would the numbers be accepted as well?

Posted by Community Admin on 27-Jul-2011 00:00

Hi Jase,

Yes, they are.

Greetings,
Victor Velev
the Telerik team

This thread is closed