Login problems

Posted by Community Admin on 04-Aug-2018 06:12

Login problems

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 21-Jul-2011 00:00

Login to manage the site

You were automatically navigated from "/OneGroup/sitefinity/" because you are not authorized to access that page!

What do you want to do?

Go to LogOut

Try to log in , get the same thing. I have deleted all the cookies, history etc. , still no change. doesn't seem to matter what accounts I use. No one can get into the back end.

Besides an app pool restart (which will happen in the morning) is there any way to reset this?

Tried using FIrefox and Chrome, same behaviour.

Regards,
Nick

Posted by Community Admin on 25-Jul-2011 00:00

Hi Nick,

Can you tell me what actions led you to this results? Do you have any steps which I can follow in order to reproduce the issue? Please do share a little bit more information about your setup. Have you tried to wait until the session is cleared and log in again?

Kind regards,
Victor Velev
the Telerik team

Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

Posted by Community Admin on 25-Jul-2011 00:00

Hi Ivan
Unfortunately I can't tell you the way to reproduce the error as I don't know what caused this particular occurrence.

I do know you can log in, you just don't get authorized (so you can't get at any of the back end pages). If I try logging in and entering an incorrect password it doesn't let me in, so the log in does work, just not the authorization.

I have tried waiting until the session is cleared. The issue affects all logins on all machines (including admins). Front end users however are fine.

There is a related bug that arises if you login using two different browsers and one times out and then you try logging in with the other, but that goes away if you clear your temp files etc.

We are using 4.1 sp2 on iis6.0.

ie8 is our primary browser, with some ie 7

- Nick

Posted by Community Admin on 27-Jul-2011 00:00

Hello Nick,

Can you provide RDC or login credentials for the site so I can have a look at the situation closely.

Greetings,
Victor Velev
the Telerik team

Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

Posted by Community Admin on 11-Jan-2012 00:00

Was there any resolution for this case? I am unable to login to one of my sites using any of my admin accounts (not sure about other accounts). I have been running very low on memory and this morning my sites have been timing out and when I finally got the backend login to show up, I am not allowed in!

I'm running Sitefinity 4.4 and have not made another other modifications to this site in quite a while.

Posted by Community Admin on 16-Jan-2012 00:00

Hello Mark,

We have not heard of Nick, it is possible that the problem was resolved, but how, only Nick can tell us. However I see that the forum thread relates to a quite old version of Sitefinity and you also speak of low server memory, so in order to resolve both issues, I would like to ask you to open a support ticket for the problems you experience and give us more details about the problems as well as login credentials ( if possible ) for the website that is causing you troubles.

All the best,
Victor Velev
the Telerik team

Posted by Community Admin on 05-Jun-2012 00:00

Hi Victor,

We've just finished an upgrade for a client form 3.7 to 4.4 and we're experiencing the same problem. "You were automatically navigated from "/Sitefinity/Login.aspx" because you are not authorized to access that page! "
Environment
* Server = Windows Server 2003 Standard
* IIS Version = 6
* Browser = IE8
Here's the key difference though, our client gets the error from their network, but when we try it from our office we're able to login. That is, every single user in their office can't login, but we can login using their credentials from our office.

This entire upgrade process has frustrated both us and our clients, we had countless problems and now to top it off we have this issue. Seems petty, but after a long list of issues, this was the last thing we expected.

Has this issue ever been resolved?
Jacques

This thread is closed