Logged out after adding list items

Posted by Community Admin on 04-Aug-2018 01:11

Logged out after adding list items

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 24-Jul-2011 00:00

I just recently deployed Sitefinity v. 4.1 SP3 to my shared hosting provider (I am using Arvixe) and I have noticed that each time I add an item to a List in Sitefinity v. 4.1, I am automatically logged out of my session.

Is there anything I can do to rectify this issue?  This only occurs on my hosting provider and does not seem to occur on my local machine.

Please advise.

Posted by Community Admin on 28-Jul-2011 00:00

Hi Samir Vaidya,
We are investigating the issue. Is there are a way to track down if during this operation the application pool at your hosting provider is not being recycled -e.g. your site is restarted? Can you get such statistics?

Best wishes,
Nikolay Datchev
the Telerik team

Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

Posted by Community Admin on 28-Jul-2011 00:00

Hello Samir Vaidya,

Can you try setting unique machine key in your web.config file? You can check this tool for generating machine keys.

All the best,
Radoslav Georgiev
the Telerik team

Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

Posted by Community Admin on 31-Jul-2011 00:00

It seems that the machineKey seems to have resolved my issue of being kicked out of my Sitefinity session every few seconds.  However, when I attempt an operation within the Sitefinity backedn now, an operation such as editing a page may take upwards of 5-10 minutes before the page becomes available for editing.

Is there anything I can do to rectify this situation?

Posted by Community Admin on 01-Aug-2011 00:00

Hi Samir Vaidya,
It seems that your application pool is recycled very often. When you open some pages it might be the case that you also wait for the startup routines of sitefinity - and it is even possible that you get several restarts in a few minutes. The problem is that currently sitefinity is pretty much a memory-hungry application(it can very quickly reach 500mb) and your hosting plan - most probably has memory restriction after which it recycles the pool. One solution is to host on a better plan - like semi-dedicated or dedicated server - and not to have such memory restrictions. In the next Q we are going to focus on optimizing and  decreasing the memory footprint of sitefinity.
Kind regards,
Nikolay Datchev
the Telerik team

This thread is closed