Content Management Performance worse than Sitefinity v. 3.7

Posted by Community Admin on 04-Aug-2018 01:31

Content Management Performance worse than Sitefinity v. 3.7

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 24-Jul-2011 00:00

Since I deployed Sitefinity v. 4.1 SP3 on my shared hosting provider, I have discovered that the overall performance of content management in v. 4.1 SP3 is much, much worse than Sitefinity v. 3.7 SP4 on .Net 4.0.

Are there any performance metrics comparing performance of Sitefinity v. 3.7 SP4 on .Net 4.0 vs. Sitefinity v. 4.0 SP3? All of our content managers are complaining about the management of content since we upgraded and I need to be able to present valid performance metrics for utilizing Sitefinity v. 4.0 SP3.

Please advise.

Posted by Community Admin on 26-Jul-2011 00:00

Hello Samir Vaidya,

Performance is our primary concern right now and we will soon have improvements in that area. Performance metrics and benchmarks will also be available very soon. We are sorry for any inconvenience you may have. In the mean time you can check out this article with some tips on optimizing performance: Tips for optimizing performance.

Greetings,

Svetoslav Petsov
the Telerik team
Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

Posted by Community Admin on 26-Jul-2011 00:00

@Samir, It's unfortunate that you've found out the performance pitfalls after upgrading. One of the biggest issues w/ SF 4 is the poor performance and the fact that the minimum requirements have gone up considerably compared to SF 3.7. From my experience and in general what you'll see here in  the forums, very few shared hosting providers actually provision enough memory for SF 4 to run smoothly (at the very very least you want 500mb for the SF app pool alone). I have dedicated boxes with 8GB+ of RAM and a couple SF 4 sites running and they are acceptable but still slower than a SF 3.7 site hosted on a shared host with 128mb of RAM allocated.

Easiest fix is to get your site running on a server with lots of RAM and horsepower. I'm sure Telerik is constantly working on improving performance but it will most likely be just a bit at a time and I doubt it will ever perform even close to SF 3.7 running in the same environment.

Hope that helps a bit.
Phill

Posted by Community Admin on 06-Nov-2011 00:00

@svetoslav  - We are using Sitefinity v4.1 for a sitedevelopment and the performance is really not upto the mark. Does sitefinty have performance metrices and benchmarks now? 

Posted by Community Admin on 08-Nov-2011 00:00

Hello Subrata,

Since 4.0 (now 4.3) Sitefinity has undergone great optimization and is now working a lot faster. 
You can check the release notes for our latest version which show what improvements have been made here:
http://www.sitefinity.com/devnet/forums/sitefinity-4-x/general-discussions/sitefinity-4-3-released.aspx
Also, some stress test results can be found here:
http://www.sitefinity.com/documentation/installation-and-administration-guide/tips-for-optimizing-performance/stress-test-results.aspx

All the best,
Svetoslav Petsov
the Telerik team
Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

Posted by Community Admin on 10-Nov-2011 00:00

Svetoslav,

In 4.3 the performance definitely went up, but can we expect the same amounts of improvement in the releases ahead or are you reaching the limits of how much more speed you can get out of it, given the design constraints? How confident are you about more major improvements in performance, as we go forward?

Many thanks,
Andrei

Posted by Community Admin on 14-Nov-2011 00:00

Hello Andrei,

We definitely have a lot more to offer considering performance. Our whole team is working very hard on that side of the product, as we realize it is really important. I can assure we we will do our best to achieve the best performance for Sitefinity for our future releases.

Kind regards,
Svetoslav Petsov
the Telerik team

Posted by Community Admin on 15-Nov-2011 00:00

Svetoslav,

We will be keeping a very close eye on it. Until then, many thanks for all the efforts so far. Sitefinity is moving in the right direction. With a bit more speed it will become the best CMS.
Andrei

Posted by Community Admin on 15-Nov-2011 00:00

Hi Andrei,

We appreciate that very much. We value our clients, because they always help us get on the right track and make the best product on the market. Knowing that they are satisfied with the end result is always a great reward for our work.

Regards,
Svetoslav Petsov
the Telerik team

This thread is closed