Content Management operations take too long

Posted by Community Admin on 04-Aug-2018 01:38

Content Management operations take too long

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 24-Jul-2011 00:00

I have noticed since we installed and upgraded to Sitefinity v. 4.1 SP3, content management operations take far too long.  Some content editing operations take more than 30 seconds to complete!

I am currently developing with Sitefinity v. 4.1 SP3 on a machine running a quad-core processor with 4 GB RAM running on Windows Server 2008 R2 and even with very low memory and process utilization, Sitefinity takes an exceedingly long time to perform basic and simple operations compared to other content management systems as well as even compared to Sitefinity v. 3.7 SP4.

What are expected response times for content management operations?  What time of performance benchmarks have been run on Sitefinity v. 4.1 SP3?  How does Sitefinity v. 4.1 SP3 performance under heavy load? 

Posted by Community Admin on 26-Jul-2011 00:00

Hi Samir Vaidya,

As I wrote in the previous forum post, we are aware of the performance problems, and we are working on them right now. Performance tests information for Sitefinity 4 SP3 isn't available yet, but will be very soon. One more time - sorry for the inconvenience. Feel free to write anytime you have other issues.

All the best,
Svetoslav Petsov
the Telerik team

Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

This thread is closed