Anybody else can not change a template?

Markus

Posted by Community Admin on 26-Jul-2011 00:00

Same site it works today.

Must have been a temporary hickup.

Sorry for bothering.

Markus

Posted by Community Admin on 26-Jul-2011 00:00

I think I had a similar issue (not sure since you didn't describe it much).
I tried to change the template of a page, got an alert that said "undefined", and the template wasn't changed. I left the page, tried editing it again, and this time it worked.

I've had a good load of such intermittent issues.

Posted by Community Admin on 27-Jul-2011 00:00

Hello,

Thank you for reporting this issue. I cannot reproduce it locally but if you experience it again please, let us know.

Best wishes,
Antoaneta
the Telerik team

Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

Posted by Community Admin on 27-Jul-2011 00:00

Hey Antoaneta, Markus & Thomas

I've experienced the same.
When in page overview (Backend > pages) and you change the template with 'More actions' it gets saved as a draft supposedly, then you can choose More actions and publish and it's supposed to go live. 

However it doesn't. When you're not leaving the overview page, the changed template won't be applied.

Change template thru more actions > edit the draft = no change.
Change template thru more actions > publish thru more actions > edit the published page = no change.
Change template thru more actions > publish thru more actions > navigate to design/dashboard = template changed.

Posted by Community Admin on 28-Jul-2011 00:00

Hi Jochem,

Thank you for reporting this issue. I just reproduced it but the template was not changed at all.  I will log this as a bug in our internal system and will keep you posted with the progress.

I updated the Telerik points to all of you.

Best wishes,
Antoaneta
the Telerik team

Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

Posted by Community Admin on 29-Jul-2011 00:00

Sometimes reporting a bug is like going to the doctor. As soon as you have the apointment you feel better.

Or have a strange noise in the car. As soon as you are in the body shop nothing can be heard.

Not glad that there is a bug, but glad thanks to the help of the comunity Telerik is able to reproduce it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rY0WxgSXdEE

Markus

Posted by Community Admin on 02-Aug-2011 00:00

Hello,

I would like to make a quick update on this issue - it has been fixed and will be available in our next release. Thank you once again for reporting it.

Greetings,
Antoaneta
the Telerik team

This thread is closed