ASP, How to configure web.config, someone has uploaded a ASP

Posted by Community Admin on 04-Aug-2018 05:45

ASP, How to configure web.config, someone has uploaded a ASP project

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 26-Jul-2011 00:00

Good all 

I have several drawbacks in that which is new to me: 
This is the first time I get an ASP project with a database hosting with ( WINDOWS platform obvious). 

now, my main computer everything goes OK with localhost connection, and all using the VISUAL 2005. 
the server hosting ( www.godaddy.com ) and I created "apparently " the database and have uploaded the files respectively. 

but when I give the domain I get the following error

Server Error in '/' Application.
Parser Error
Description: An error occurred during the parsing of a resource required to service this request. Please review the following specific parse error details and modify your source file appropriately.

Parser Error Message: Could not load the assembly 'App_Web_ktp6su1m'. Make sure that it is compiled before accessing the page.

Source Error:

Line 1: <%@ page language="VB" autoeventwireup="false" inherits="index, App_Web_ktp6su1m" %>
Line 2: 
Line 3: <%@ Register TagPrefix="telerik" Namespace="Telerik.Web.UI" Assembly="Telerik.Web.UI" %>

Source File: /index.aspx Line: 1

Version Information: Microsoft .NET Framework Version:4.0.30319; ASP.NET Version:4.0.30319.1 

I do not know why this is, as I see everything is ok and I've tried a thousand ways, and therefore aver turn to you if I could provide any help or suggestions. 

I contacted the headquarters of the hosting and have said that the problem is in the web.config file, as presented here is set the part of the connection

<connectionStrings>
<!-- Agregado -->
<add name="Cnx" connectionString="Server=(Local); Integrated Security=True; DataBase=prestoservices"/>
<add name="NorthwindConnectionString" connectionString="Server=(Local); Integrated Security=True; DataBase=Northwind" providerName="System.Data.EntityClient"/…
<!--<add name="NorthwindConnectionString" connectionString="Data Source=.\SQLEXPRESS;AttachDbFilename=|Da… y|Northwind.mdf;Integrated Security=True;User Instance=True" providerName="System.Data.SqlClient"/>--…
</connectionStrings>

... really I'm about to throw the bridge... (Please if someone could provide some small project ( a small query to a small database, for example only fill a lisbox q ), I want to see how it is that truly set these files to q is viewable on the web tHROUGH hosting, to raise and so I rule out errors. if not please a lot of discomfort

pd: es este el dominio sunrisechicago.com/index.aspx

saludos y gracias por su tiempo

saludos y gracias por su tiempo

Posted by Community Admin on 28-Jul-2011 00:00

Hi,

It seems that you are referencing to an assembly that it is missing, in the page .index.aspx.

Make sure you have the connection string path set correctly. You may find checking the deployment documentation useful when uploading your site to shared hosting servers. Also make sure to check our hosting partners which provide excellent services for hosting Sitefinity.

Kind regards,
Victor Velev
the Telerik team
Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

This thread is closed