bug: Nested masterpage, control order on FE not working prop

Posted by Community Admin on 04-Aug-2018 16:07

bug: Nested masterpage, control order on FE not working properly

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 27-Jul-2011 00:00

On the 4.1.1574 build (SP3) I create a nested masterpage.

On the parent masterpage I drop the content blocks, on the child masterpage I drop a content block and a menu and finally on the page I drop another content block.

In theory it should have rendered it like this:

1. parent template content block
2. child template content block
3. parent template content block
4. child template menu
5. page content block

And that is what the BackEnd editing shows, however, when viewed on the FrontEnd the order gets garbled to:

1. parent template content block
3. parent template content block
2. child template content block
5. page content block
4. child template menu

I've attached 2 screenshots, one where you can see the child masterpage edit and one where the page is edited and the controls are placed in lay-out elements.

Posted by Community Admin on 29-Jul-2011 00:00

Hi Jochem,

I'm sorry to hear about the issues you've experienced, hope they haven't caused much inconvenience. This behavior seems to be caused by the rendering of layouts on the frontend, where content from the parent masterpage will get loaded first before the content on the child masterpages. What you can try is to provide a placeholder in the parent masterpage for each control that you'll be placing in the child masterpages / page using that template. When specifying a valid placeholder in the parent, then all you need to do is place a 100% layout element in that place on the child matserpage and put your control there, this should fix the problems.We had a bug logged for this issue, and I have just verified that a fix has been developed and in in a Ready for Test stage, if it passes successfully it will be included in one of the upcoming releases for sure.

Kind regards,
Boyan Barnev
the Telerik team

Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

Posted by Community Admin on 29-Jul-2011 00:00

Hey Boyan,

Thanks for replying. I'had seen a forum post about an image widget not being in the correct order (but it was was from May) and one that shoved everything in the last placeholder(from April) and probably misread 'placeholder' and 'layout' because I had everything neatly in placeholders, just not the lay-out trick you posted.

Went back and tried it this morning, but I'm guessing the coffee hasn't kicked in yet, because the workaround didn't do the trick, but we've already solved it in another way so no inconvenience :)

Jochem.

This thread is closed