Images Missing after Deployment to Production Server - "

Posted by Community Admin on 04-Aug-2018 23:04

Images Missing after Deployment to Production Server - "403 - Forbidden: Access Denied" when viewing

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 27-Jul-2011 00:00

I deployed my site from my dev environment to my hosted environment using information from Gabe Sumner's post (http://www.sitefinity.com/blogs/gabesumner/posts/11-06-02/how_to_deploy_sitefinity_4_to_shared_hosting.aspx) but now. Images are showing up as broken and when I login to the admin side all the images in the library are broken as well and when I try to view an image I get the "403 - Forbidden: Access Denied" message. When I upload a new image the same thing happens.

Has anybody encountered this before? I'm guessing it's a simple permission issue but I'm fairly positive everything has been setup properly by my hosting provider. The only item they have not done is enable the "Desktop Experience" on the server.

Please advise.

Posted by Community Admin on 29-Jul-2011 00:00

Hi Jeff Mah,

When you deploy your website to a shared hosting make sure to check our hosting partners page as they provide best service when installing or configuring Sitefinity. Also please check the documentation page regarding the deployment of websites to a shared hosting server. If the images are not showing please make sure the handler mappings are set properly in IIS, and the system has read/write permissions to the App_Data folder.

Regards,
Victor Velev
the Telerik team

Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

This thread is closed