Non-admins can't see Custom Fields for News

Posted by Community Admin on 04-Aug-2018 22:51

Non-admins can't see Custom Fields for News

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 04-Aug-2011 00:00

I don't know if this is a bug or not, but I've given some non-admins every news-related permission there is, but they do not see "Custom Fields for News" under the Settings for news section.  Admins DO see this.  I can't find in Permissions where I can enable this.

In addition, clicking on "Settings" for non-admins yields a 404 error.  I don't know if that is related.

Chris

Posted by Community Admin on 09-Aug-2011 00:00

Hello Chris Carrier,

Although there is no permissions that needs to be set to explicitly allow/deny users to add custom fields for content modules, the setting is visible only to Administrators. Thank you for pointing out the need for custom roles, we have discussed it internally and logged a task for implementing such functionality for the future releases. Once again thanks a lot for the constructive feedback, and please excuse us if any inconvenience has been caused.

Greetings,
Boyan Barnev
the Telerik team

Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

This thread is closed