Problem when creating a new user

Posted by Community Admin on 04-Aug-2018 13:27

Problem when creating a new user

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 08-Aug-2011 00:00

Hi,

I created a new user, saved, and got this error: "ERROR: Item could not be saved.".
Despite this message, the user was actually created (but not all fields were saved, only his username, password and e-mail got saved, the rest was wiped). Now, if I try to modify this user, I keep getting the same error as above ("ERROR: Item could not be saved.") unless I uncheck the "This user can access site backend" box (in which case, the user is modified successfully).

I just rebooted my site, and now it works. I think I may have triggered this bug by not filling in all the required fields when trying to create the user, or something. Now I cannot reproduce the problem anymore.

This is with SF 4.1 SP3.

Posted by Community Admin on 11-Aug-2011 00:00

Hi Thomas,

Did you upgrade to SP3 from some older version? There were some issues with the user creation screen that were fixed in Sitefinity 4.2 that was released yesterday. We strongly recommend you to upgrade your project.

Greetings,
Lubomir Velkov
the Telerik team
Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

Hi,

I upgraded from 4.1 SP1 to SP3. Do you mean there is a bug in the upgrade tool?
I'm going to check out 4.2 now.

Thanks.

Hi Thomas,

In the older version we had some issues related to the meta types which was not created. We fixed many bugs related to users and roles for 4.2 and this is why we recommend to upgrade your project and ensure that you use the latest version.

Regards,
Ivan Dimitrov
the Telerik team

Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

Posted by Community Admin on 08-Sep-2011 00:00

We have the same problem in 4.2 and could not find a solution.

Posted by Community Admin on 13-Sep-2011 00:00

Hello Bogdan,

I am not able to replicate this issue locally. Could you try to replicate the issue on a new installation? It is possible that something went wrong if the project has been upgraded. You can also check the service tracer log that should provide some more details about the error. Check App_Data/Sitefinity/Logs and see if there is a new error log generated after you try to create the user.

Kind regards,
Ivan Dimitrov
the Telerik team

Hello
We never updated the project, we just updated sitefinity to the latest version and created the new project.
Now the problem is not reproducing anymore and I think that's because we fixed the permission problem we had with App_Data
This was the error that we fixed :

Type : System.IO.DirectoryNotFoundException, mscorlib, Version=4.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b77a5c561934e089
Message : Could not find a part of the path 'C:\Project\App_Data\Sitefinity\WebsiteTemplates\Project\App_Themes\Theme\Global\'.
Source : mscorlib
Help link :
Data : System.Collections.ListDictionaryInternal
TargetSite : Void WinIOError(Int32, System.String)
Stack Trace :    at System.IO.__Error.WinIOError(Int32 errorCode, String maybeFullPath)
   at System.IO.FileSystemEnumerableIterator`1.CommonInit()
   at System.IO.FileSystemEnumerableIterator`1..ctor(String path, String originalUserPath, String searchPattern, SearchOption searchOption, SearchResultHandler`1 resultHandler)
   at System.IO.Directory.InternalGetFileDirectoryNames(String path, String userPathOriginal, String searchPattern, Boolean includeFiles, Boolean includeDirs, SearchOption searchOption)
   at System.IO.Directory.GetFiles(String path)
   at Telerik.Sitefinity.Web.UI.ThemeController.GetExternalStyleSheets(ThemeElement theme, Page page)
   at Telerik.Sitefinity.Web.UI.ThemeController.GetGlobalStyles(Page page)
   at Telerik.Sitefinity.Web.PageRouteHandler.handler_Load(Object sender, EventArgs e)
   at System.Web.UI.Control.OnLoad(EventArgs e)
   at System.Web.UI.Control.LoadRecursive()
   at System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequestMain(Boolean includeStagesBeforeAsyncPoint, Boolean includeStagesAfterAsyncPoint)

Thank you

Can you use fiddler to see what is happening. Are you getting a lot of 500 ?
Markus

Posted by Community Admin on 12-Dec-2011 00:00

I am getting an error also.
I use SF 4.3.2019.
The error that shows up in FireBug:
"NetworkError: 500 Internal Server Error - localhost/.../"

Is this a known issue?

Thanks,
Daniel

This thread is closed