Error on startup after upgrade - Could not Load Assembly

Posted by Community Admin on 04-Aug-2018 16:38

Error on startup after upgrade - Could not Load Assembly

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 09-Aug-2011 00:00

I recently upgraded my project from 4.1 SP1 to 4.1 SP3 and everything seems to be working (after fixing the problems that SP3 exposed). The only problem I have right now is that when the application first starts I get the following error:

Could not load file or assembly 'Telerik.Sitefinity.Model, Version=4.1.1395.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b28c218413bdf563' or one of its dependencies. The located assembly's manifest definition does not match the assembly reference.

Source Error: 

Line 11: <body>
Line 12:     <form id="Form1" runat="server">
Line 13:     <asp:ScriptManager ID="ScriptManager1" runat="server" />
Line 14:     <div id="wrapper">
Line 15:         <div class="header">

Source File: c:\Users\jtolar\Documents\Visual Studio 2010\Projects\Sitefinity Projects\Client Projects\HighlandCapitalBrokerage\Website\App_Master\PublicIndex.Master    Line: 13 

If I hit F5 to refresh it goes away. but I have also noticed that all the providers in my config files still have the old version.

<securityProviders>
<add version="4.1.1395.0" name="OpenAccessDataProvider" />
</securityProviders>

Any thoughts?

Posted by Community Admin on 10-Aug-2011 00:00

Hi John,

This issue is related to the fact that when you updated your application to the new build, some of the old assembly references remained the same. You should change all of the old assembly references to the new assemblies (you can use the assemblies from the  Empty Project that is created in the Projects directory of your Sitefinity folder by default with each update).

Best wishes,
Svetoslav Petsov
the Telerik team

Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

This thread is closed