Error creating a news item: Row not found

Posted by Community Admin on 04-Aug-2018 13:38

Error creating a news item: Row not found

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 10-Aug-2011 00:00

Hi,

I get this error when I'm trying to create a news item on my site:

Row not found: GenericOID@a3f33124 SecurityRoot id=990d7b75-46fe-4b56-86f5-7cd75e189bff
UPDATE [sf_security_roots] SET [last_modified]=?, [voa_version]=? WHERE [id] = ? AND [voa_version]=?
(set event logging to all to see parameter values)

And I don't now if it is related, but I have a news which is locked by someone else, that I cant unlock, as an administrator.

Thanks,

Olivier

Posted by Community Admin on 11-Aug-2011 00:00

Hello Olivier,

I am not 100% sure what might be causing this issue.
- Can you confirm which version of sitefinity you are currently working?
- If, you have upgraded to 4.2 - can you send us the UpgradeTrace.log and the Error.log (~/App_Data/Sitefinity/Logs) , if not can you upgrade and see if the issue goes away?
- Have you tried to restart your application and see if the problem goes away?

All the best,
Radoslav Georgiev
the Telerik team

Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

Posted by Community Admin on 11-Aug-2011 00:00

Hi Radoslav,

Thanks for your answer.

We just switched today to 4.2 and I still get the same error message, but there's something new:

When I try to unlock a News Item locked by someone else (im admin), I now get the same error message, while I was getting nothing before.

I already tried to restart the server, im on a Visual Studio Webdev server.

Olivier

Posted by Community Admin on 12-Aug-2011 00:00

Hello Olivier,
In this case we can still make use of your UpgradeTrace.log and the Error.log
Greetings,
Nikolay Datchev
the Telerik team

Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

Hi Nikolay,

I don't think you'll find much in there, it seems to be mostly errors from my own developments.

But if you really need them, do you have an email ?

Olivier

Hello Olivier,

You can attach them to your reply here or send a support ticket if you prefer them not to be publicly available.

Regards,
Radoslav Atanasov
the Telerik team

This thread is closed