4.2 SDK Download Issue

Posted by Community Admin on 04-Aug-2018 23:40

4.2 SDK Download Issue

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 10-Aug-2011 00:00

Hi

I have downloaded the 4.2 SDK twice but each time it is run it says ‘This installation package could not be opened. Contact the application vendor to verify that this is a valid Windows Installer package.’

Thanks

Regards

Posted by Community Admin on 11-Aug-2011 00:00

4.2 SDK isn't available yet... at least I haven't seen it in my Account downloads.

Posted by Community Admin on 11-Aug-2011 00:00

Hello,

The SDK for 4.2 should be available by the end of the week.
Perhaps you have downloaded the previous SDK? Did you used a download manager for it? This error is usually happening when the download was not successful.

Regards,
Georgi
the Telerik team
Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

Posted by Community Admin on 15-Aug-2011 00:00

v4.2 seems not go well for me lately... but after having removed all prev versions etc and doing a clean v4.2 sdk (yes, the proper one downloaded today) during install it's looking for Telerik RadControls for Silverlight Q1 release in a 4.1 folder... the version included in the tools folder (RadControls_for_Silverlight4_2011_2_0712_Dev.msi) is said to be non valid.

Posted by Community Admin on 16-Aug-2011 00:00

I am also getting the same error when trying to install the SDK. I just downloaded it on 8/15/2011. The version that is added to the "Sitefinity 4.2\SDK\Tools" folder is "RadControls_for_Silverlight4_2011_2_0712_Dev.msi". Again like Jochem, it is saying that this is not a valid install file. So I downloaded the 2011.1.419 install file, "RadControls_for_Silverlight_4_2011_1_0419_Dev.msi", and again it states that this is not a valid install file for RadControls for Silverlight 2011 Q1 SP1. This is very odd as this is the exact file that it is asking for in the install process. For grins, I even put it in the 4.1 folder since it was looking for it there. Still, not working.

Posted by Community Admin on 18-Aug-2011 00:00

Hey guys,

I've just downloaded the SDK, all seems to be fine. I am definitely sure that the issue is that the connection drops at some point and you end up with corrupted file. It's installing on my side and in home just fine.

Please give it a try one more time, and if it is not successful again, we'll think for an alternative. 

All the best,
Georgi
the Telerik team

Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

Posted by Community Admin on 21-Sep-2011 00:00

Hello

Could you please provide me sitefinity 4.2 sdk download link?

Thank you
Roopesh

Posted by Community Admin on 21-Sep-2011 00:00
Posted by Community Admin on 22-Sep-2011 00:00

Hi Jochem,

Here is a more specific link, but I guess you would need to be logged in your client account:

http://www.sitefinity.com/account/your-products/product-versions/single-download.aspx?pmvid=0&pid=770

Regards,
Lubomir Velkov
the Telerik team

Posted by Community Admin on 22-Sep-2011 00:00

True,

but in that case, this one would work even faster...

http://www.sitefinity.com/account/your-products/download-file.aspx?fileid=11647

J.

This thread is closed