Failed to load resource: the server responded with a status

Posted by Community Admin on 04-Aug-2018 08:40

Failed to load resource: the server responded with a status of 500 (Failed to create a 'Settings' from the text 'Assembly references and imported namespaces serialized as XML namespaces'.)

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 11-Aug-2011 00:00

After upgrading to 4.2 I get all an error when trying to update content from a page or module.

Failed to load resource: the server responded with a status of 500 (Failed to create a 'Settings' from the text 'Assembly references and imported namespaces serialized as XML namespaces'.)

Posted by Community Admin on 11-Aug-2011 00:00
Posted by Community Admin on 12-Aug-2011 00:00

Hello John Tolar,

This is not straightforward reproducible. Could you send your project and DB so we can investigate.

All the best,
the Telerik team

Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

Posted by Community Admin on 12-Aug-2011 00:00

The solution file for this project spans 14 projects (modules and website) and the database is over 300 mb. It works in the last 4.1.1585 version.

Posted by Community Admin on 17-Aug-2011 00:00

Hi John Tolar,

How about enabling service tracing to see if the trace log will contain more detailed information about the failure of the workflow service?

Kind regards,
Radoslav Georgiev
the Telerik team

Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

Posted by Community Admin on 19-Aug-2011 00:00

John,

Have you made any progress on this?  I'm experiencing the same issue.   The trace log didn't help me out a whole lot except to suggest maybe missing binding extensions.  The other symptom I'm seeing is the "Publication" button on pages and "Save" button on Document Library is not being displayed.

Posted by Community Admin on 22-Aug-2011 00:00

Hi Kevin,

Please send us the trace log. Not being able to see those buttons indicates that either there is a communication problem with the worfklow services or some java script error on the page is preventing the buttons from loading.

Best wishes,
Radoslav Georgiev
the Telerik team

Thank you for being the most amazing .NET community! Your unfailing support is what helps us charge forward! We'd appreciate your vote for Telerik in this year's DevProConnections Awards. We are competing in mind-blowing 20 categories and every vote counts! VOTE for Telerik NOW >>

Posted by Community Admin on 22-Aug-2011 00:00

I haven't had time to look into this more.. We are trying to get this client finished and decided we are not going to upgrade them past 4.1.1585 due time and other issues. After we deliver the site to the client I may go back and look into this more for my own reference.

Posted by Community Admin on 15-Mar-2016 00:00

Hi,

I'm facing the same issue here. Can anyone give me some suggestion :( Really appreciate about that. 

Posted by Community Admin on 15-Mar-2016 00:00

Hello,

This issue may happen after an upgrade if there are any custom modules (class libraries) that still reference the versions of the assemblies prior to the upgrade.

Please also consult following KB article regarding this issue with details on how to resolve it:
"Error when editing page after upgrade to Sitefinity 8.1"

Regards,
Dimitri Cools
Telerik

Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Sitefinity CMS Ideas&Feedback Portal and vote to affect the priority of the items

This thread is closed