Radeditor ToolsFile.xml not found

Posted by Community Admin on 04-Aug-2018 14:24

Radeditor ToolsFile.xml not found

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 12-Aug-2011 00:00

I am running version 4.1.1395.0 of sitefinity and need to use a custom ToolsFile for the radedtiors. I went through the Advanced Settings and set the Standard Editor Configuration to ~\ToolsFile.xml(As seen in toolsfilesettings.png). Then when I go to edit a content block I get an error saying it can't find the ToolsFile(As seen in toolsfileerror.png). What is the solution to this problem, besides upgrading to a new version? 

Hi Todd,

Please make sure to specify the correct application relative path to your toolsfile  - it should start with ~/  while from the provided screenshot I noticed you are constructing it like a files ystem path, and it cannot be properly resolved. If any problems persist, please let us know.

Kind regards,
Boyan Barnev
the Telerik team

Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

I tried it as ~/ToolsFile.xml and ~\ToolsFile.xml and neither worked. 

This what the file contains for testing, but I would expect a different error message if the xml was in the wrong format. 
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8" ?>
<root>
  <tools>
    <tool name="LinkManager" shortcut="Ctrl+L" />
  </tools>
</root>

Posted by Community Admin on 15-Aug-2011 00:00

Hi Todd,

Can you please make sure you are configuring the editor as per this KB article, since we were not able to reproduce the mentioned behavior on our side. If the problems persist, can you please record a short video (you can use some freeware like TechSmith Jing) so we can observe the behavior ourselves.

All the best,
Boyan Barnev
the Telerik team

Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

Posted by Community Admin on 15-Aug-2011 00:00

A bit of topic but did the much requested feature to be able to able to change the tools in editors not make it to 4.2?

If not can we exepect it any time soon?

Markus

Posted by Community Admin on 16-Aug-2011 00:00

Hi Markus Berchtold,

The KB article I was refering to in my latest post deals exactly with the new configuration settings that we have exposed, and that make setting custom editor tools a much easier process now.

Best wishes,
Boyan Barnev
the Telerik team

Sorry Boyan for not reading the KB article first. KB read a bit to much about workaround.

I overflew the KB article. Can you specifiy if you want a tool to appear on the basic or advanced toolbar section.

Would it be possible to provide a .xml file as it is today, with all not used tools commented out?

This could be a great help and starting point.

Markus

Hello Markus Berchtold,

Please find attached an archive containing the default StandardToolsFile, MinimalToolsFile, and AdvancedToolsFile. I hope you find this information useful, if there's anything else we can help you with please let us know.

Best wishes,
Boyan Barnev
the Telerik team

Dear Boyan

Thanks I will have a look at the files and see if I can figure out on how to add the tools to either basic or advanced formating.

Markus

@Markus
(I find) This is the safest set of tools so users don't destroy your site...and even align center is a bit dicy

Also **NOTE** Do not set the Minimal Tools file section...it will break the comments control.  This is an open bug\pits issue I encountered yesterday.  It's like looking inside the Sitefinity Resouces assembly for the filename you define in the backend instead of looking on the webroot

This thread is closed