Signup for Newsletter - Widget?

Posted by Community Admin on 04-Aug-2018 15:09

Signup for Newsletter - Widget?

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 12-Aug-2011 00:00

I need to only collect the 'email' of a potential user (not the first name or last name) is there a way to remove these fields from the Widget? I looked for it in the Widget Templates but did not see any related.

thanks

Posted by Community Admin on 15-Aug-2011 00:00

Hi Scott ,

It' s not a problem to modify the template for the SubscribeForm widget, and comment out the FirstName and LastName textboxes - please find the default template we're using below:

<%@ Control Language="C#" %>
<%@ Register TagPrefix="sitefinity" Namespace="Telerik.Sitefinity.Web.UI" Assembly="Telerik.Sitefinity" %>

<fieldset id="formFieldset" runat="server" class="sfnewsletterForm sfSubscribe">
    <sitefinity:SitefinityLabel id="widgetTitle" runat="server" WrapperTagName="h2" HideIfNoText="true" CssClass="sfnewsletterTitle" />
    <sitefinity:SitefinityLabel id="widgetDescription" runat="server" WrapperTagName="p" HideIfNoText="true" CssClass="sfnewsletterDescription" />
    <sitefinity:Message ID="messageControl" runat="server" FadeDuration="3000" />
    <ol class="sfnewsletterFieldsList">
        <li class="sfnewsletterField">
            <asp:Label ID="emailAddressLabel" runat="server" Text='<%$Resources:NewslettersResources, EmailAddress %>' AssociatedControlID="emailAddress" CssClass="sfTxtLbl" />
            <asp:TextBox ID="emailAddress" runat="server" CssClass="sfTxt" />
            <asp:RequiredFieldValidator ID="emailValidator" runat="server" ControlToValidate="emailAddress" ValidationGroup="subscribeForm" CssClass="sfErrorWrp" Display="Dynamic">
                <strong class="sfError"><asp:Literal runat="server" ID="lEmailIsRequired" Text='<%$Resources:NewslettersResources, EmailIsRequired %>' /></strong>
            </asp:RequiredFieldValidator>
        </li>
            <asp:Label ID="firstNameLabel" runat="server" Text='<%$Resources:NewslettersResources, FirstNamePublicForm %>' AssociatedControlID="firstName" CssClass="sfTxtLbl" />
            <asp:TextBox ID="firstName" runat="server" CssClass="sfTxt" />
        </li>
            <asp:Label ID="lastNameLabel" runat="server" Text='<%$Resources:NewslettersResources, LastNamePublicForm %>' AssociatedControlID="lastName" CssClass="sfTxtLbl" />
            <asp:TextBox ID="lastName" runat="server" CssClass="sfTxt" />
        </li>
    </ol>
    <div class="sfnewsletterSubmitBtnWrp">
        <asp:Button ID="subscribeButton" runat="server" Text='<%$Resources:NewslettersResources, SubscribeToList %>' ValidationGroup="subscribeForm" CssClass="sfnewsletterSubmitBtn" />
    </div>
</fieldset>

<asp:Panel ID="selectListInstructionPanel" runat="server">
    <asp:Literal ID="pleaseSelectList" runat="server" Text='<%$Resources:NewslettersResources, ClickEditAndSelectList %>' />
</asp:Panel>
once you've created your custom template you can map it globally by going to Administration->Settings->Advanced->Controls->ViewMap and create new. For HostType, please specify:
Telerik.Sitefinity.Modules.Newsletters.Web.UI.Public.SubscribeForm
and in the LayoutTemplatePath field, fill in the application-relative path to your custom template. Save the changes and restart the application, and you should have the new template applied globally throughout your site.

Kind regards,
Boyan Barnev
the Telerik team
Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

Thanks..

A couple of questions.

1.) What is the file extension for the template?
2.) What directory do I save the template in?
3.) We are about to upgrade to 4.2, is the template available in 4.2?

Thanks.

Hi Scott ,

1) *.ascx
2) It doesn't really matter, as long as you provide the proper relative path to the template when mapping it.For the sake of convenience I'd advise you to place it in a ~/ControlTemplates folder
3) Yes, the default template was taken from the 4.2 CodeBase

P.S. You can create a totally different SubscribeForm using our Forms module, and then connet it to a mailing list using the "Connect this list" option when creating a new mailing list.

Regards,
Boyan Barnev
the Telerik team

Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

Thanks for the quick reply:

How about this: I went to the Widgets Template / Created a new Template - pasted your code in it and save it as 'Newsletter Subscription', however for the "This Template is applied to..." I did not see a newsletter item, what should I apply it too?

Posted by Community Admin on 16-Aug-2011 00:00

Hello Scott ,

Please excuse me if my previous response has been ambiguous. I was referring to mapping an external template (created through Visual Studio).

All the best,
Boyan Barnev
the Telerik team

This thread is closed