Intranet starter kit build errors

Posted by Community Admin on 04-Aug-2018 23:20

Intranet starter kit build errors

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 12-Aug-2011 00:00

Hi

I am getting four errors such as below when building the intranet starter kit. What can I do to fix these?

Error 20 Could not write lines to file "obj\Debug\Telerik.Sitefinity.StarterKit.Intranet.Dashboard.Silverlight.csproj.FileListAbsolute.txt". The specified path, file name, or both are too long. The fully qualified file name must be less than 260 characters, and the directory name must be less than 248 characters. Telerik.Sitefinity.StarterKit.Intranet.Dashboard.Silverlight

Thanks

Regards

Posted by Community Admin on 16-Aug-2011 00:00

Hi John,

This is a common Visual Studio issue. VS 2010 has some limitations on the length of the virtual paths to your project files, and when these limitations are exceeded, VS does not compile the project. The easiest way for you to shorten the path would be to move the "Projects" folder of VS 2010 from, for example:
C:\Users\YOUR_USERNAME\Documents\Visual Studio 2010\Projects\
to
C:\Vs2010\Projects

Regards,
Svetoslav Petsov
the Telerik team

Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

Posted by Community Admin on 17-Aug-2011 00:00

Hi

Thanks. The path is selected by default by the SDK installer, so perhaps something to look into for the next release of SDK?

Thanks again.

Regards

Posted by Community Admin on 18-Aug-2011 00:00

Hello John,

We will consider changing the name of this assembly as it is indeed a bit too long. Thanks for contacting us again.

Regards,
Svetoslav Petsov
the Telerik team

Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

Posted by Community Admin on 02-Jan-2012 00:00

I was also having these type of errors.then i found this tool
http://longpathtool.com/

Posted by Community Admin on 03-Jan-2012 00:00

Hello,

This is indeed a very helpful tool, thanks for sharing it with the community!
I updated you Telerik points.

Greetings,
Svetoslav Petsov
the Telerik team

Posted by Community Admin on 19-Jan-2012 00:00
This thread is closed