OnDropLayout error message

Posted by Community Admin on 04-Aug-2018 03:38

OnDropLayout error message

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 14-Aug-2011 00:00

After upgrading to Sitefinity v. 4.2, I get an error message when attempting to edit content after dropping a Content Block on one of my pages.

I have attached a screenshot of the error message.

Posted by Community Admin on 15-Aug-2011 00:00

Hi Samir Vaidya,

The user you use when you to edit the page does not have permissions for view and respectively create/drop controls on that page. Do you experience the behaviour when trying to create ( or edit ) other types of data? You may need to grant the user with these permissions from the UI or you can use Provider.SuppressSecurityChecks of the PageManager.

Regards,
Victor Velev
the Telerik team

Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

Posted by Community Admin on 15-Aug-2011 00:00

I am using the original Administrator accouint in Sitefinity.  This error only started appearing after upgrading to Sitefinity v. 4.2.  Prior to upgrading and deploying to my hosting provider, I never encountered this error before.

Posted by Community Admin on 16-Aug-2011 00:00

Hi Samir Vaidya,

Can you try and drop a control and edit it and then attach the trace log and send it to me so I can have a closer look at the service exceptions ( if the system caught any ).  After you send me the tracelog I will analyze it and report back to you my findings. Also can you check the following KB.

All the best,
Victor Velev
the Telerik team

Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

This thread is closed