Intranet SDK 4.2 Issues

Posted by Community Admin on 04-Aug-2018 20:09

Intranet SDK 4.2 Issues

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 16-Aug-2011 00:00

I am still testing through it, but I have come across two things so far that are not as I would expect them.

1.) The first issue is that I receive an "Object reference not set to an instance of an object" error when clicking on the permissions link found on the roles page for any particular role.  I tested Customer, Accountant, Authors and Administrators.

2.) I cannot upload documents under the documents or images because the Silverlight uploader xap is not in the ClientBin.  Firebug is showing a 404 not found for "Telerik.Sitefinity.Silverlight".  This was from a straight install of the SDK and running it right from the samples browser.  I will try grabbing this file from the empty project and moving it into place.

Another question I have is to have an explanation, if any can be provided, on the reason we need to display all the UserPingInfo album pseudo documents.  I assume the calendars are being based off the Documents facade? I can see this being really confusing to end users and wonder if there is a better way to store those meetings and information?

Edit:  Seeing the meetings in the documents area is probably so that admins can quickly delete meetings if need be?  I also see that documents and libraries is being used as a temporary solution until Dynamic Types are available. 

Posted by Community Admin on 16-Aug-2011 00:00

Ok, maybe I just am thinking about all this the wrong way, but I really am not seeing what benefit the modules for the intranet SDK offer if they break other standard features.

I dropped in the Telerik.Sitefinity.Silverlight file to ClientBin and restarted the app.  I can now see the file upload utility, but now receive a "Return Code 0" error which is an error I documented with support via an internal ticket back in 4.0 sp 1. Below is the exact answer I was given back then.

"I can confirm that this is a bug in the Intranet Starter kit for version Sitefinity 4.0 SP1. The problem is coming from the custom modules which register custom fields for the Documents & files module. You can try removing the custom fields for this module and restarting the application. "

If the error I am seeing is still the same issue then I fail to see how you can call something an intranet starter kit when a basic function like uploading documents, which in most intranets I work with, are a common feature.

I have been waiting for this release to finally get started on a big intranet site that I have lined up and I feel like I am back to square one.  I need to be able to use calendar planning, vacation requests and normal document uploads together and not choose one or the other.

Posted by Community Admin on 22-Aug-2011 00:00

Hi Stacey,

Thanks for your feedback.
We will need a day or two to address it, but will definitely come back to you. Thanks for your patience!

Best wishes,
Georgi
the Telerik team

Thank you for being the most amazing .NET community! Your unfailing support is what helps us charge forward! We'd appreciate your vote for Telerik in this year's DevProConnections Awards. We are competing in mind-blowing 20 categories and every vote counts! VOTE for Telerik NOW >>

Posted by Community Admin on 19-Sep-2011 00:00

Hello Stacey,

Both issues you reported in your first post are indeed present in the SDK. One of them (putting latest XAP files in the ClientBin folder) is going to be fixed for the upcoming SP1. The other one (error when clicking permissions) is an issue related to the registration of custom modules or controls and their permissions. We need more time to investigate. Since there is not much time before we release the service pack, we probably won't have time for a fix until then. We will definitely provide one for the release following the service pack.

As for the issues you raise about the Intranet sample, you are right about all of them. This sample was created for an earlier version of Sitefinity. We've done a lot of improvements in the product since then, but could not catch up with fixes for this particular sample, as it involves quite a lot of code that needs to be updated. Please accept our apologies for this.

We are also aware that the Intranet Starter Kit may not provide value if used in a real intranet scenario. We've decided to create a brand new starter kit, instead of spending a lot of effort on improving the existing one. We are launching a Quantum Computers Starter kit for version 4.3.

That said, if you have specific scenarios from the Intranet sample that you want covered, please be specific and we can help you implement them.

Thank you for bringing up all the issues.

Kind regards,
Slavo
the Telerik team
Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

Posted by Community Admin on 19-Sep-2011 00:00

Slavo,

Thanks for the update on my questions and opinions of what I was seeing.  We are currently working on an intranet site for a client so I may be in touch with more specific questions on alternative ways to make use of the RadScheduler for the meetings creation and editing.

This thread is closed