4.1 sp3 and Firefox 6

Posted by Community Admin on 04-Aug-2018 23:20

4.1 sp3 and Firefox 6

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 16-Aug-2011 00:00

There appears to be issues with Firefox 6. Any task such as "create a new page", "upload new image", etc. causes Sitefinity to get stuck trying to load the next view. The application will eventually error out and crash.

Posted by Community Admin on 17-Aug-2011 00:00

Hi,

Firefox version 6 is not yet supported by Sitefinity so you might experience some issues when using it. Please review the System Requirements page, specifically the Supported Browsers section where there is a full list of currently supported browsers and their respective versions.

All the best,
Victor Velev
the Telerik team

Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

Posted by Community Admin on 17-Aug-2011 00:00

Hi Victor,

I just wanted to describe the problem that we're seeing.

I know FF6 is not yet supported, we've switched to Chrome to get the job done. I've just been sitting with our content person. She updated to FF6 last night, her issue is in editing news articles. It seems to get to the point where you're ajaxing in the content into the content editor and then the page gets stuck in a postback loop.

As I said, I don't expect an answer or a resolution for FF6, I just wanted to give you a place to look when you do decide to go down that road.

Thank you for your time as always,
Joel

Posted by Community Admin on 18-Aug-2011 00:00

Hello-

Is there an ETA for Firefox 6 support?   Now that Firefox 5 automatically updates by default (unless you turn it off) this is causing problems using Sitefinity.

Thanks,

-Thomas

Posted by Community Admin on 19-Aug-2011 00:00

Hi Thomas,

We are preparing a patch that is going to be released really soon. It will solve the problems with Sitefinity when using Firefox 6.

Regards,
Victor Velev
the Telerik team

Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

Posted by Community Admin on 19-Aug-2011 00:00

FYI, the FF6 hotfix should be available to download now

Posted by Community Admin on 22-Aug-2011 00:00

Has anyone tried this hotfix running 4.1 SP3 or do we have to install 4.2 first and then the hotfix?

Posted by Community Admin on 22-Aug-2011 00:00

You need to be on 4.2 the version numbers of the assemblies are the same as the 4.2 release

This thread is closed