No Lists Feed?

Posted by Community Admin on 04-Aug-2018 00:00

No Lists Feed?

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 18-Aug-2011 00:00

I have a need to show a feed for a List...is this not possible?

Or am I just not looking at the right spot in the UI

...and no Library feeds?

Posted by Community Admin on 19-Aug-2011 00:00

Hi Steve,

Sitefinity does not support such features yet. I have submitted your obeservation as a feature request and will provide you with further information about its status.

Greetings,
Victor Velev
the Telerik team

Thank you for being the most amazing .NET community! Your unfailing support is what helps us charge forward! We'd appreciate your vote for Telerik in this year's DevProConnections Awards. We are competing in mind-blowing 20 categories and every vote counts! VOTE for Telerik NOW >>

Hey Victor thanks, please do...it is content (like blogs, etc) which I'd like to have the user expose via RSS and not have to custom code them all myself :)

Hi Steve,

We have found a setting which will allow you to have Lists Feed. What you need to do is to go to Settings - Advanced - Publishing - Types and create new type:

FullName:

Telerik.Sitefinity.Lists.Model.ListItem

AssemblyQualifiedName:

Telerik.Sitefinity.Lists.Model.ListItem, Telerik.Sitefinity.Model, Version=4.2.1650.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b28c218413bdf563

About the library feeds: can you give me more details about your vision of the functionality of that type of feeds? Do you want to have a list of the images or documents in RSS or you have another idea of what it should be.

Greetings,
Victor Velev
the Telerik team

Thank you for being the most amazing .NET community! Your unfailing support is what helps us charge forward! We'd appreciate your vote for Telerik in this year's DevProConnections Awards. We are competing in mind-blowing 20 categories and every vote counts! VOTE for Telerik NOW >>

OH COOL! THANKS!
...does this mean though on an upgrade I'll need to update the Assembly name in that .config file or will sitefinity update that for me?....or perhaps would it work leaving the version number out?

What will happen then in the backend Feeds area, will it just start showing up with news, blogs, and events?...pick a default page kind of thing?

Library specifically for documents.  Like we have a publications library whos content is just dumped into a document list widget.  So it'd be handy to RSS that for the doctors...

Steve

Posted by Community Admin on 24-Aug-2011 00:00

Hello Steve,

If you upgrade your project you will have to reset the setting - include the new build number otherwise you might get an error related to the false assembly version.

Anyway if you want to list the documents you can try using:

Telerik.Sitefinity.Libraries.Model.Document 

the same way you used to add Lists to the Feed.

Regards,
Victor Velev
the Telerik team

Posted by Community Admin on 24-Aug-2011 00:00

Well that sucks :)

Can you make a PITS for this?...I can't see why this should not be in there by default

Posted by Community Admin on 29-Aug-2011 00:00

Hi Steve,
     This is not a default setting because we are not using the content of the documents.  When we include the content of the documents in the publishing system the documents will be in the default settings.

Regards,
Teodor
the Telerik team

This thread is closed