Can't create page in fresh installation

Posted by Community Admin on 04-Aug-2018 01:34

Can't create page in fresh installation

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 19-Aug-2011 00:00

I just ran a fresh installation of SF4.2 Community Edition.  After logging in to the admin, I went to create a page.  I clicked on "Pages" in the top navigation then "Create a page" on the next page.  When I do that, the "loading..." message comes up and the page just keeps refreshing, like it's stuck in a loop.  I've let it sit there and do that for minutes at a time with no change.  This also happened when I tried to create a new news item.

There were no problems in the install and I've successfully created other users for the system, but no other content.

Anybody have any ideas or suggestions?

*UPDATE*
After doing a little digging, I discovered that I don't have this problem in IE9.  I was using FF6 when this error occurred.  A fix would still be very welcome.

Posted by Community Admin on 19-Aug-2011 00:00

Hi Preston,

This is a known issue with Firefox 6. However we still do not support this browser so this will be fixed in the future.

Please accept my apologies for the caused inconvenience.

Regards,
Veronica Milcheva
the Telerik team

Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

This thread is closed