Remove schedule from Page view

Posted by Community Admin on 04-Aug-2018 18:02

Remove schedule from Page view

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 22-Aug-2011 00:00

I simply seem to be to dumb or Telerik still has not fixed this bug.

I cam not able ro remove the part when it is sceduled not to be viewed.

I seceduled the page
unseduled the page
published it

Still remains.

Markus

Posted by Community Admin on 25-Aug-2011 00:00

Hello Markus,

The problem is logged in our internal backlog and we will do our best to fix it for 4.3 release or earlier.
500 Telerik points are added to your account.

Best wishes,
Antoaneta
the Telerik team

Thank you for being the most amazing .NET community! Your unfailing support is what helps us charge forward! We'd appreciate your vote for Telerik in this year's DevProConnections Awards. We are competing in mind-blowing 20 categories and every vote counts! VOTE for Telerik NOW >>

Posted by Community Admin on 26-Aug-2011 00:00

Dear Antoaneta

4.2 and this is still not fixed. And now I get a: "We do our best ...."

What happened to " more then you expect".

This is diapointing to have still such bugs in a 4.2 version.

Thanks for the points but I rather have the bug removed.

Markus

Posted by Community Admin on 31-Aug-2011 00:00

Hi Markus Berchtold,

Please excuse us for the inconvenience caused. We are working extremely hard to fix bugs within Sitefinity. However please note that we are fixing issues based on their priority and severity.  Unfortunately there have been more important and more critical bugs than this one that needed our attention.

Greetings,
Radoslav Georgiev
the Telerik team

Thank you for being the most amazing .NET community! Your unfailing support is what helps us charge forward! We'd appreciate your vote for Telerik in this year's DevProConnections Awards. We are competing in mind-blowing 20 categories and every vote counts! VOTE for Telerik NOW >>

Posted by Community Admin on 31-Aug-2011 00:00

Dear Radoslav

I do understand that you have more importand bugs to fix but you also got to understand that from our view to have to tell the client that such a bug was not fixed from 4.1 to 4.2 is hard to explain.

Still hope that you use most of your time for 4.3 to finaly get all reported bugs out.

Markus

PS: Once in a while we forget to praise you for the great work you do. Having the ability to have translated templates for example is a great addition for example.

Posted by Community Admin on 03-Sep-2011 00:00

Dear Radoslav

I saw the new fixes on the internal build but this bug was not fixed and there is still no updated road map.

This but is causing so much confusion.

Try it yourself.

- Create a page
- Publish it

- Edit page
- Set scedule to today till today.addDays(30)

Now you see the date to be unpublished

- Unpublish date
- Publish date

YOU WILL STILL SEE THE UNPUBLISH DATE.

So what is a client supposed to do?

He will think the page will be unpublished. Since there seems no way to remove this he probably thinks it the best to set the unpublish date to 2111 in the future.

Come on. You must see that this is a terible bug, when  a user does not know if the page will be unpublished or not.

Even worse you can even have unpublish date in the past.

Markus

PS: More then you expect?

Posted by Community Admin on 08-Sep-2011 00:00

Hello Markus Berchtold,

At the moment I am not able to tell you when this bug will be fixed. We have already prepared the bugs that are going to be fixed for the upcoming SP, and this one is not among them.

Regards,
Radoslav Georgiev
the Telerik team

Posted by Community Admin on 08-Sep-2011 00:00

Radoslav

Thanks for the (negativ) feedback. I can understand if you can't fix it in the next SP. But if this bug is not fixed in 4.3 then I really start to doubt Telerik.

Since you seem to have set your goals for the next SP. Anychance we get an roadmap update?

Markus

Posted by Community Admin on 13-Sep-2011 00:00

Hello Markus Berchtold,

The roadmap has been updated. You can check it out here: http://www.sitefinity.com/asp-net-cms-features/roadmap.aspx

Regards,
Radoslav Georgiev
the Telerik team

Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

Thanks for the special notice :-)

Going to read now :-)

Markus

Just read trough it

I am disapointed. Focus seems to be on E-commerce and as sad as it.
Some realy anoying terible bugs will NOT make it to the SP and sorry to say at the moment I would bet some money that telerik will not even fixt them in 4.3 !!!

Sad, but at the moment you simply are not delivering what I expect!!!

With every release there is some better stuff but anther disapointment when long lasting bus are simply not addresse.

If the usability would not be so good I would leave SF tomorrow morning.

One sad customer.

Markus

Posted by Community Admin on 03-Oct-2011 00:00

Hello

To me it seems that the bug that past schedule information still showing in page view is fixed now in 4.2 SP1.

However it seems to me that all the information about from when till when a page is planned is removed from the page view. I sure think this would be helpfull information. Was this droped in order to fix the bug fast, and if yes will it make it back to us in 4.3.

Or am I missing something? www.marktold.com/screencast/schedule.swf

Markus

Posted by Community Admin on 05-Oct-2011 00:00

Anyone on this??

Markus

This thread is closed