Formslayout is like a box of chocolate ...

Posted by Community Admin on 04-Aug-2018 18:21

Formslayout is like a box of chocolate ...

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 22-Aug-2011 00:00

.... you never know what you get :-)

www.marktold.com/screencast/a_box_of_chocolate.swf

Please Telerik

a) let me choose another width then 620px. This might be your idea of the ideal with for a form - not mine
b) if you force us to use 620 px. At least make sure we can not xxxx-up the design.

Reported before and guess will report it again in 4.3.

Markus

Posted by Community Admin on 25-Aug-2011 00:00

Hi Markus Berchtold,

Thank you for reminding us this issue. It is logged in our internal backlog and hopefully will be fixed for 4.3 release.

Kind regards,
Antoaneta
the Telerik team

Thank you for being the most amazing .NET community! Your unfailing support is what helps us charge forward! We'd appreciate your vote for Telerik in this year's DevProConnections Awards. We are competing in mind-blowing 20 categories and every vote counts! VOTE for Telerik NOW >>

Posted by Community Admin on 26-Aug-2011 00:00

Dear Antoaneta

4.2 and this is still not fixed. And now I get a: "hopefully will be fixed ...."

What happened to " more then you expect".

Forms was one of the big seller and honestly I still don't think its past the beta stadium

One frind told me that in poker you should never hold a card when you are hoping for something.

I sure hope one thing. Roadmap Q3 comes soon and we see some defenite fixes there and not hoping, trying and so on.

Markus

Posted by Community Admin on 31-Aug-2011 00:00

Hi Markus Berchtold,

Please note that we are working on resolving bugs withing Sitefinity and we are really doing it round the clock. We will also fix this one. However at the moment the plan for the Sitefinity 4.2 SP1 is ready and this bug did not make it into the list of fixes to be made.

Best wishes,
Radoslav Georgiev
the Telerik team

Thank you for being the most amazing .NET community! Your unfailing support is what helps us charge forward! We'd appreciate your vote for Telerik in this year's DevProConnections Awards. We are competing in mind-blowing 20 categories and every vote counts! VOTE for Telerik NOW >>

Posted by Community Admin on 31-Aug-2011 00:00

Dear Radoslav

I am hoping that at some time Telerik will add the marketplace feature of having mails sent as well as saved to db. Hope this bug is fixed by then. Mybe 4.3 sounds good :-)

I whished we had a roadmap that looks like this.

4.2 SP1 -> Release date

- BUG 1 will be fixed
- BUG 2 will be fixed

- Feature 1 will be added
- Feature 2 will be addes

4.3 -> (Expected/target release date)

- Bug 3 is planned to be fixed in this
- Bug 4 is planned to be fixed in this

- Feature 3 is planned to be fixed in this
- Feature 4 is planned to be fixed in this

Task not yet planned

- Bug 5
- Bug 6

- Feature 5
- Feature 6

------------------------------------

At the moment with PITS you never know which bugs you have reported are realy in PITS what has been noted by Telerik as an bug and what might hove been forgoten again.

As soon as 4.2 SP1 is released it would go on step further and the targeted fixes and featurs will make it to define or are move back to be later (I can live with that, but transparency would be appreciate - PITS simply does not do it, at least in my opinion.

Markus

PS: Once again 4.2 is really a good product for me. And we are a HUGE step further then in January with 4.0. So once again thanks for the good work and l am sure within one year SF will be back to is old glory.

This thread is closed