Uploaded Documents Dates Confusion

Posted by Community Admin on 04-Aug-2018 01:36

Uploaded Documents Dates Confusion

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 24-Aug-2011 00:00

Hi,

I've uploaded some pdf this morning 2011-08-24 9:00am Sydney GMT 10+ time and their dates are displayed various ways and I'm unsure how to set the dates using document manager admin page so I had to update the fields in DB via SQL Management Studio.

- Dates in Admin page are correct ie. display as 24 Aug 2011 (see attached img)
- Dates in the front page download list are a day behind ie. 23 August 2011 (see attached img)
- Dates in the DB are also a day behind 2011-08-23 ...." (see attached img)

I've also checked the Administration > Settings > General Settings > Time zone and it's set to correct time zone GMT +10 Canberra, Melb, Syd time.

I like to know why the dates are displaying differently in backend and frontend as well as how to update published/created/modified dates in sitefinity admin page?

Also why multiple rows are created for one document upload even though I just click "Upload and Publish" button to directly publish the doc.

Thanks.

Posted by Community Admin on 26-Aug-2011 00:00

Hello May,

This was a problem with document dates in sitefinity 4.1. We have fixed this problem with the date not properly taken from the database in Sitefinity 4.2.
Concerning how documents are saved in the database they are saved with two entries because one represents the live documents with its current version and the other is used to save other state of the document when it is edited.

Best wishes,
Stanislav Velikov
the Telerik team

Thank you for being the most amazing .NET community! Your unfailing support is what helps us charge forward! We'd appreciate your vote for Telerik in this year's DevProConnections Awards. We are competing in mind-blowing 20 categories and every vote counts! VOTE for Telerik NOW >>

Posted by Community Admin on 30-Aug-2011 00:00

Hi,

That problem is on Sitefinity 4.2.
The site was upgraded from 4.1 to 4.2 but the document uploads are done after the upgrade with 4.2 version
hence the problem still exist with 4.2.
Any suggestion or hotfix for this please?

Posted by Community Admin on 01-Sep-2011 00:00

Hello May,

You can update the document dates with:

App.WorkWith()
      .Documents()
//Scope is the name of the document
      .Where(d => d.Title == "Scope").ForEach(i =>

//changed it to the current local time on my computer, then changed the date on my computer to past date to be sure
          i.DateCreated = DateTime.UtcNow;

)

.SaveChanges();

Kind regards,
Stanislav Velikov
the Telerik team

Thank you for being the most amazing .NET community! Your unfailing support is what helps us charge forward! We'd appreciate your vote for Telerik in this year's DevProConnections Awards. We are competing in mind-blowing 20 categories and every vote counts! VOTE for Telerik NOW >>

Posted by Community Admin on 16-Sep-2011 00:00

Hi!

Can you please tell me how can I modify the publication date of the news?
I allowed the PublishDate to visible from custom field options and it is displaying on the edit mode of news but when I update the publish date it does not update.

I am using sitefinity 4.1 SP3.
 Can you please reply ASAP.

Thanks!

Posted by Community Admin on 17-Sep-2011 00:00

Hello Waqar,

Please take a look at this forum thread, where we have discussed a possible way of achieving this functionality.

Greetings,
Boyan Barnev
the Telerik team

Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

This thread is closed