Problem while assigning default role while user creation

Posted by Community Admin on 04-Aug-2018 06:49

Problem while assigning default role while user creation

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 24-Aug-2011 00:00

Hi Team,

I am facing very weird problem in my live site registration. I am getting following error in my error log.

No row for Telerik.Sitefinity.Security.Model.UserLink ('sf_user_link') GenericOID@8b172e45 UserLink id=90f66cb0-97e1-4141-b59e-8ce21666752c

As far as my knowledge the sf_user_link table to store the user and related role information. While registration I am using following code to assign GeneralUser role to user.

RoleManager Rmanager = RoleManager.GetManager("Default");
  userManager.Provider.SuppressSecurityChecks = true;
  Rmanager.AddUserToRole(user, Rmanager.GetRoles().Where(q => q.Name == "GeneralUsers").FirstOrDefault());
  Rmanager.SaveChanges();

The error information I am getting is not very clear so help me to solve this issue.

Regards,

Jesse

Posted by Community Admin on 26-Aug-2011 00:00

Hello Jesse,

Yes, this table is used for this. Is your "user" object already persisted in the database, before you assign a role to him/her? You should probably call userManager.SaveChanges() before assigning a role to this user.

Greetings,
Lubomir Velkov
the Telerik team

Thank you for being the most amazing .NET community! Your unfailing support is what helps us charge forward! We'd appreciate your vote for Telerik in this year's DevProConnections Awards. We are competing in mind-blowing 20 categories and every vote counts! VOTE for Telerik NOW >>

Posted by Community Admin on 01-Sep-2011 00:00

Hi Lubomir,

Thank you for support.

After some changes in registration steps and sequence this issue looks resolved. The error is not occurring.

Regards,

Janak Darji

This thread is closed