Can't see images on page

Posted by Community Admin on 04-Aug-2018 16:19

Can't see images on page

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 24-Aug-2011 00:00

Hi,
I have a website in Sitefinity 4.1.
I moved to the live to our customers server with IIS6 and framework 4.
The site works absolutely fine, but the issue comes when you insert an image in the Content block or just a image widget.

If you view the page with the image in the content block or image control/widget while you are logged in to the siteifnity you can view the image and once log out of sitefinity and view the same page there no image even in the "view source" of the browser.

Please help as this site is live and customers are asking what has to be done.

Regards,
Nimit Verma.

Posted by Community Admin on 29-Aug-2011 00:00

Hi Nimit,

From the sound of it looks like some lack of permissions or handler mapping not set properly. Can you tell me what type of system you are using for the images gallery? If you have set the images to be saved on the filesystem instead of the database and you do not have permissions over the App_Data folder you might be getting 404s. Can you make sure you have configured properly IIS6 and run Firebug when accessing the page to see what errors come up in Net tab.

Regards,
Victor Velev
the Telerik team

Thank you for being the most amazing .NET community! Your unfailing support is what helps us charge forward! We'd appreciate your vote for Telerik in this year's DevProConnections Awards. We are competing in mind-blowing 20 categories and every vote counts! VOTE for Telerik NOW >>

Posted by Community Admin on 29-Aug-2011 00:00

Hi There,
thank you for the reply.
I am using all the basic sitefinity 4 setting. I have not done anything special and all my images are going in the database.
Just to clarify, I was using the same website in my testing environment where I had IIS7 and everything was fine.

But in clients server we have IIS6 and it is not working the why it should be let me explain again:--> Any image in an Image widget or an Generic content widget appears fine when you are logged in Sitefinity and once you log out and view the same page the images are gone.

And there is no exception in firebug as well.

Please guide me what should I do.

Regards,
Nimit Verma.

Posted by Community Admin on 31-Aug-2011 00:00

Hi Nimit,

It seems that the problem is coming from your IIS configuration which limits anonymous from seeing content on the pages.  Please check if you have set Allow anonymous access to this Web site  ( check the attached screenshot ).

There is one more option that you can check if the images are not served, but its mainly concerning IIS.  -uncheck 'Verify if file exists' checkbox located in your Wildcard Application Map setting.

Also please have a look at the following blog post which might be helpful.

Greetings,
Victor Velev
the Telerik team

Thank you for being the most amazing .NET community! Your unfailing support is what helps us charge forward! We'd appreciate your vote for Telerik in this year's DevProConnections Awards. We are competing in mind-blowing 20 categories and every vote counts! VOTE for Telerik NOW >>

Posted by Community Admin on 31-Aug-2011 00:00

Hi Victor,
Thank you for replying.
I have checked and the "enable Anonymus access" is checked and I have also unchecked 'Verify if file exists' in the wild card map setting.
I also watched the video and checked all the setting and they are fine.
But still, it is behaving the same where if I view the page while logged on to sitefinity I can see the image and once logout I cannot see the same image in that page.

please reply and help me.

Regards,
Nimit Verma.

Posted by Community Admin on 01-Sep-2011 00:00

Hi Nimit,

Can you provide RDC to your server so I can inspect your settings in more details. You can open a support ticket and supply the login information there but refer to this thread.

All the best,
Victor Velev
the Telerik team

Posted by Community Admin on 01-Sep-2011 00:00

Hi Victor,
As the server is one of our clients server. So, are bound not to give any access to the server rather we can do a goto assist or something similar and you can guide us through.

Please reply and suggest the next step.

Regards,
Nimit Verma.

Posted by Community Admin on 02-Sep-2011 00:00

Hi Nimit,

Can you please check the if there are special permissions applied to the Images module? I have recorded a video which replicates the issue that we discuss and its solution.

Kind regards,
Victor Velev
the Telerik team

Hi Victor,
Thank you for the video and reply.
I checked the permissions and they are rights.
I made a video which I want to show you. is there a way I can send the video .

Please reply ASAP.

Regards,
Nimit Verma

Hi Nimit,

If you do not have access to a FTP you use one of the shared hosting websites such as rapidshare.com, uploading.com or megaupload.com.

Regards,
Victor Velev
the Telerik team

Posted by Community Admin on 08-Sep-2011 00:00

Hi Victor,
Thank you for replying.
I just want to know that can I open a ticket and in the ticket I can provide you with the link to download the video.

Please let me know.

Regards,
Nimit Verma.

Posted by Community Admin on 12-Sep-2011 00:00

Hi Nimit,

Of course you can. Feel free to open a ticket and provide all information that is needed.

Regards,
Victor Velev
the Telerik team

Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

This thread is closed