Custom Layout Template reverts to default layout after editt

Posted by Community Admin on 04-Aug-2018 17:54

Custom Layout Template reverts to default layout after editting login wdiget

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 24-Aug-2011 00:00

I'm having issues w/ the login widget and using a custom layout.  I'm doing the following

1. Drop in a Login Widget
2. Change LayoutTemplatePath to my custom layout ascx file
3. Publish
4. View live site and custom layout shows up properly
5. Go back to the login widget to edit it (ex change ShowRegisterLink to True)
6. Save
7. Publish
8. View live site and custom layout gone and reverts to the built in one

My workaround at the moment is to delete the whole widget, drop it in again, but make sure I set all the properties correct the first time.  A bit of a pain because I haven't decided how I want it to look so each time I want to mess w/ the properties I have to delete and add the control again.  LIke I said though, it does work the first time so if I only need to may changes on the custom layout file it will show up correctly - just can't edit properties of the login widget.

Is this a bug or am I doing something wrong...?

Sitefinity Version 4.2 1650

Posted by Community Admin on 29-Aug-2011 00:00

Hello Charles,

I was able to reproduce the issue. I have logged a bug in our internal bugtracking system. I apologize for the inconvenience, hopefully this will be fixed for the Service pack.

Best wishes,
Lubomir Velkov
the Telerik team

Thank you for being the most amazing .NET community! Your unfailing support is what helps us charge forward! We'd appreciate your vote for Telerik in this year's DevProConnections Awards. We are competing in mind-blowing 20 categories and every vote counts! VOTE for Telerik NOW >>

This thread is closed