Where does the "Rejection Reason" go?

Posted by Community Admin on 04-Aug-2018 13:02

Where does the "Rejection Reason" go?

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 25-Aug-2011 00:00

With a workflow enabled, if a person submits a page with changes and someone rejects it - and provides a reason - that reason does not seem to go anywhere.  

That is, no email will be sent back to the person who submitted the change with the reason in it - nor can you see the reason for the rejection within the history of the page.

Am I missing something?  Is this rejection reason going into a black hole?  Something about this seems half-baked.

Chris.

Posted by Community Admin on 26-Aug-2011 00:00

Hi Hrc,

Thank you for contacting Telerik support.
This is a known issue and it is already logged in PITS with ID 6030
Please vote for it to raise its priority.

500 Telerik points are added to your account.

Regards,
Antoaneta
the Telerik team

Thank you for being the most amazing .NET community! Your unfailing support is what helps us charge forward! We'd appreciate your vote for Telerik in this year's DevProConnections Awards. We are competing in mind-blowing 20 categories and every vote counts! VOTE for Telerik NOW >>

Posted by Community Admin on 08-Aug-2012 00:00

I read that this was fixed in 5.0. My company upgraded to 5.0 but I still don't see the rejection reason anywhere! Any tips or advice?

Posted by Community Admin on 14-Aug-2012 00:00

Hi,

The problem is fixed in Siteifnity 5.0 and Sitefinity 5.1. For your convenience I have recorded a sample video demonstration. The rejected reason can be found inside the content of the page if you click Why rejected?.

Greetings,
Stefani Tacheva
the Telerik team

Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

Posted by Community Admin on 01-Apr-2014 00:00

How can this "rejection" field be accessed through the API?  I have a custom workflow in which I would like to add the Rejection Reason in the email that gets sent to the user(s).  Please advise!

Posted by Community Admin on 15-Apr-2014 00:00

Hello Jared,

I have prepared a code sample how you can get the reject reason for Dynamic content item.

var providerName = String.Empty;
            var cultureName = "en";
            Thread.CurrentThread.CurrentUICulture = new CultureInfo(cultureName);

DynamicModuleManager dynamicModuleManager = DynamicModuleManager.GetManager(providerName);
            Type testType = TypeResolutionService.ResolveType("Telerik.Sitefinity.DynamicTypes.Model.TestModule.Test");
            var myCollection = dynamicModuleManager.GetDataItems(testType).Where("Title = \"MyItem\"").FirstOrDefault();
            var b = ((IApprovalWorkflowItem)myCollection).GetCurrentApprovalTrackingRecord(null);
            var rejectedText = b.Note;

You can modify this sample in order to meet your requirements. For your convenience I have recorded a short video for demonstration.

screencast.com/.../nKh6dsVb

Regards,
Vassil Vassilev
Telerik

Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Sitefinity CMS Ideas&Feedback Portal and vote to affect the priority of the items

This thread is closed