Sitefinity 4.2 Search Issue

Posted by Community Admin on 04-Aug-2018 15:17

Sitefinity 4.2 Search Issue

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 26-Aug-2011 00:00

Hello ,
      Im Working on Sitefinity 4.2 Project. I have Created 2 Categories For News In the News Module
1 - News  ( Displayed in 'Home / Media Center / News' page )
2 - PR    ( Displayed in 'Home / Media Center / PR' page )

In the Create a search index i have Selected 'Home / Media Center / News' page for News Items
i also want to search News for PR categories which are displayed in 'Home / Media Center / PR' page.

Please Suggest me the Solution for this ...

Thanks & Regards
Vivek.

Posted by Community Admin on 29-Aug-2011 00:00

Hi Vivek,

When you select News Items in the search index, this means that All news items in your project will be indexed. The default page property is just to specify the default page to which you are redirected after getting the search results. So, no matter what default page is selected, all news items in your website will be indexed.

All the best,
Svetoslav Petsov
the Telerik team

Thank you for being the most amazing .NET community! Your unfailing support is what helps us charge forward! We'd appreciate your vote for Telerik in this year's DevProConnections Awards. We are competing in mind-blowing 20 categories and every vote counts! VOTE for Telerik NOW >>

Posted by Community Admin on 01-Dec-2011 00:00

Can't the resulting news article be housed on the original page where it is meant to be? I noticed that whatever Page I select for the News search index, the news article gets published on that page instead of the one where I embedded it, which should be the normal thing.

Posted by Community Admin on 05-Dec-2011 00:00

Hello Jkregala,

The purpose of the Page property when creating a Search Index is to select a page with a widget that can be used to display the generated items by the Search results. This means that it doesn't matter what page you select, as long as it has a NewsItems widget on it.

Greetings,
Svetoslav Petsov
the Telerik team
Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

This thread is closed