Forced logout while publishing a page

Posted by Community Admin on 04-Aug-2018 01:00

Forced logout while publishing a page

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 28-Aug-2011 00:00

I am using Sitefinity v. 4.2 Small Business Edition and while publishing a page with a reusable/shared content block, I was forcefully logged out of my site.

I have attached a screenshot for your review.

Posted by Community Admin on 31-Aug-2011 00:00

Hi Samir ,

Do you receive this message constantly? Can you provide some exact steps to replicate this issue?

I see you have a lot of problems, so can you provide us access to your project or send us your database ( and dll files ) and we will be able to investigate the issues locally. Thank you in advance!

Greetings,
Petya
the Telerik team

Thank you for being the most amazing .NET community! Your unfailing support is what helps us charge forward! We'd appreciate your vote for Telerik in this year's DevProConnections Awards. We are competing in mind-blowing 20 categories and every vote counts! VOTE for Telerik NOW >>

Posted by Community Admin on 02-Sep-2011 00:00

I am unable to attach copies of the error log files due to the file extension restriction.

Please provide an alternative method to attach the error log files.

Posted by Community Admin on 02-Sep-2011 00:00

Hello Samir Vaidya,

Please, check your other forum thread, I replied you there. Also, do not attach the files on the forum, but attach them in your open support ticket, or create a new ticket and attach the files there.

Best wishes,
Lubomir Velkov
the Telerik team

Thank you for being the most amazing .NET community! Your unfailing support is what helps us charge forward! We'd appreciate your vote for Telerik in this year's DevProConnections Awards. We are competing in mind-blowing 20 categories and every vote counts! VOTE for Telerik NOW >>

Posted by Community Admin on 06-Sep-2011 00:00

I was able to consistently reproduce this issue by simply selecting on "Title & Properties" from the Action menu.  It seems that if the operation takes too long, I am automatically kicked out of the system with the error message provided earlier.

In addition, even though this seems to be a defect in Sitefinity, I am unable to open a support ticket because I am limited to a total of 5 support tickets for Small Business Edition for the next 10 months of my support lifecycle.  Therefore, as suggested in Sitefinity's own website, my only support option is through the forums.  However, I can no longer attach error log files to the Forum, so I am stuck up a river without a paddle in regards to obtaining support on these problematic issues!!

Posted by Community Admin on 07-Sep-2011 00:00

Hi Samir Vaidya,

This looks like a problem on your side. I just tested with 1650 to publish a page with a content block and it all worked. Have you upgraded to 4.2 from a previous version? By any chance did you use the Migration module to migrate the site from an existing 3.7 site?

All the best,
Lubomir Velkov
the Telerik team

This thread is closed