eCommerce bugs - Object reference error and operand error

Posted by Community Admin on 04-Aug-2018 16:35

eCommerce bugs - Object reference error and operand error

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 30-Aug-2011 00:00

We just upgraded to 4.2 and I am testing out the new eCommerce section.  I have also applied the Hotfix for 4.2.  I am getting a couple of errors when trying to customize of the product types.

First, I created my own Product Type and attempted to hide a few of the default fields.  When I attempt to hide the AssociateBuyerWithRole field and click Save changes, I get the following error: "Object reference not set to an instance of an object."

Secondly, when I go to Edit a Product on one of the product items I have created, I get a popup with the following error: "Operator '=' incompatible with operand types 'Guid' and 'String'"

These seem like minor bugs but it makes me wonder if we can go forward with implementing our product architecture into the eCommerce section.  Thank you for your help.

Posted by Community Admin on 01-Sep-2011 00:00

Hi Brad,

Thank you for reporting the issues. However the first one is a known issue which we have reopened for fixing.

I have also tried to reproduce the second issue but without success. Can you please provide steps which can be used to reproduce it or a video?

Kind regards,
Victor Velev
the Telerik team

Thank you for being the most amazing .NET community! Your unfailing support is what helps us charge forward! We'd appreciate your vote for Telerik in this year's DevProConnections Awards. We are competing in mind-blowing 20 categories and every vote counts! VOTE for Telerik NOW >>

Posted by Community Admin on 01-Sep-2011 00:00

I get the "Operator '=' incompatible with operand types 'Guid' and 'String'" error when I unhide the Thumbnail field.

If I hide it, I don't get the error.

I'm not sure if it's caused by that field in particular or if some other field I have hidden is contributing.

If I try to hide the following fields, I get the Object reference error:
VatTaxId
AssociateBuyerWithRole

Also, when I try to unhide the Image field, I get the Object reference error.

Thank you.

Posted by Community Admin on 02-Sep-2011 00:00

Hi Brad H,

After detailed investigation of the problem it seems that this is a bug. I have logged in our system for fixing and updated your Telerik Points. The other issues are known and we are currently fixing them.

All the best,
Victor Velev
the Telerik team

Thank you for being the most amazing .NET community! Your unfailing support is what helps us charge forward! We'd appreciate your vote for Telerik in this year's DevProConnections Awards. We are competing in mind-blowing 20 categories and every vote counts! VOTE for Telerik NOW >>

This thread is closed