Save as Draft and Publish buttons missing

Posted by Community Admin on 04-Aug-2018 15:03

Save as Draft and Publish buttons missing

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 31-Aug-2011 00:00

Hi

I've just edited a page and gone to either save as draft or publish and the links are missing - see http://screencast.com/t/pQkX5cFFXIPk - what do I do so that I don't lose what I have just done - is this a bug?

Thanks

Cheers
Richard

Posted by Community Admin on 02-Sep-2011 00:00

Hi Richard,

Can you please check if you have the following lines referencing to these particular assemblies in your webconfig file:

<assemblies>
        <add assembly="System.Web.Routing, Version=4.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=31BF3856AD364E35"/>
        <add assembly="System.ServiceModel, Version=4.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b77a5c561934e089"/>
        <add assembly="WindowsBase, Version=4.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=31bf3856ad364e35"/>
        <add assembly="PresentationCore, Version=4.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=31bf3856ad364e35"/>
      </assemblies>

Greetings,
Victor Velev
the Telerik team

Thank you for being the most amazing .NET community! Your unfailing support is what helps us charge forward! We'd appreciate your vote for Telerik in this year's DevProConnections Awards. We are competing in mind-blowing 20 categories and every vote counts! VOTE for Telerik NOW >>

Posted by Community Admin on 05-Sep-2011 00:00

Hi Victor

Yes, it only happens sometimes...

Thanks

Cheers
Richard

Posted by Community Admin on 05-Sep-2011 00:00

If you open firebug...there's no script errors on the page right?

Posted by Community Admin on 06-Sep-2011 00:00

Hi Steve,

Maybe the issue is reproduced if the services are not loaded correctly. As Steve suggested can you give more details about the issue by running Firebug? Can you provide login credentials ( in a ticket ) so I can inspect the issue in more depth? Any additional information might be extremely helpful.

Kind regards,
Victor Velev
the Telerik team

Thank you for being the most amazing .NET community! Your unfailing support is what helps us charge forward! We'd appreciate your vote for Telerik in this year's DevProConnections Awards. We are competing in mind-blowing 20 categories and every vote counts! VOTE for Telerik NOW >>

Posted by Community Admin on 06-Sep-2011 00:00

Hi Victor

I'll have to wait until it happens again and I'll do what you and Steve say... it probably does happen when the page doesn't load properly, but I did think it changed whilst editing on a couple of occasions... I'll let you know...

Thanks

Cheers
Richard

Posted by Community Admin on 07-Sep-2011 00:00

Hello Richard Cross,

Thank you. I await your further response regarding the issue.

Kind regards,
Victor Velev
the Telerik team

Posted by Community Admin on 27-Aug-2012 00:00

HI,

I'm getting this issue also, was there a solution. 

I get this javascript error

TypeError: $(document.forms[0]).validate is not a function
[Break On This Error]  

$(document.forms[0]).validate();

Thanks
Kieran

Posted by Community Admin on 25-Sep-2012 00:00

This just started happening to me. Running 5.1. When I try to edit a page I only get the "More Actions" or "Back to Pages" links at the top but they don't work. Nothing on the page works. I get the following error from firebug. I checked the web.config and I do have the assemblies that Victor mentioned.

Posted by Community Admin on 26-Sep-2012 00:00

Fixed it. I had commented out some markup in one of my user controls (using <!-- -->). Don't ask why... I have no idea. Just glad it's working again.

This thread is closed